• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to sign on GoJet's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
None of this suggests to me that all of a sudden, in 2011-2012...with MASSIVE movement beginning due to age 65 retirements...major airline pilot groups are going to succeed in reversing this tide and restoring anything.

The absolute best you can hope for is to not lose more.

Outsourced labor is how your CEOs have delivered profits to their shareholders, kept you under their thumb and paid for their yachts...I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to give that up.

And they used to think the world was flat.

And they used to think the world was flat.

OK, right.

Maybe after the RJs get scoped out, congress and the next administration will restore social security to solvency, secure the borders, reform our foreign policy to preclude wars, provide meaningful tax reform, repeal anti-business regulations and limit government spending to drastically reduce the deficit.

Manufacturing will come back to the USA, energy prices will retreat and the dollar will be the strongest currency in the world by a factor of 2.

Hey...it could happen!

You guys crack me up....like hungry dogs fighting for scraps. Keep on dreaming mainline will give up more.

I, for one, hope mainline doesn't give up more, but history isn't encouraging. That is to say, the top 5% or so at mainline will be taken care of, everyone else, including mainline's own junior pilots (maybe especially junior mainliners) will take another spanking.

I would love to be wrong about this.

OK, right.

Maybe after the RJs get scoped out, congress and the next administration will restore social security to solvency, secure the borders, reform our foreign policy to preclude wars, provide meaningful tax reform, repeal anti-business regulations and limit government spending to drastically reduce the deficit.

Manufacturing will come back to the USA, energy prices will retreat and the dollar will be the strongest currency in the world by a factor of 2.

Hey...it could happen!

Don't forget to add......lose your virginity to list junior.

OK, right.

Hey...it could happen!

In a world without liberals these things would be realistic.

You guys crack me up....like hungry dogs fighting for scraps. Keep on dreaming mainline will give up more.

I don't see anybody fighting for scraps. I see a bunch of regional pilots lamenting major pilots' selfishness and shortsightedness.

TSH bought Compass and also owns BlowJets but I doubt DAL has the ability to add 70 seat jet until 2012 when their pilots cave in on more RJs.

Cue the DAL apologists who will once again tell us that DALPA is done caving in on scope for the 1,345,376 time.

As long as I get a pay raise, you can fly the barbie jets!

As long as I get a pay raise, you can fly the barbie jets!

LOL! Amazing! You were hired just a few years ago, and yet, you speak like a Delta pilot hired in the early 90's. Scope out the RJs, as long as I can get a pay raise flying my widebody Delta jet. Pot, meet kettle. Collectively, we're effed as a pilot group. Always have been, always will be. Pilot enemy #1? It's not management. It's us.

Latest resources

Back