• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to offer flights to Nigeria

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys laugh, but Lagos for a time was in the top three of Virgin Atlantic and BA's most profitable routes. A lot of untapped potential. From a business standpoint, it's a killer move, but I can see where it sucks from an aircrew perspective (a lot of shady characters in Lagos)

Also, good luck to them trying to get regulatory approval, CAL tried last year and got shut down because the Nigerian government is pissed that the US denied Virgin Nigeria landing slots...

Actually it was a lot more than politics..a huge safety issue among other things

They found away around that issue. NAA is going to be doing codeshare with Virgin Nigeria.

Last edited:
Yeah, that is our only nonstop to anywhere INTL.......you have no clue. We also hit every large city in Europe, every large city in South America, every large island in the Carribbean. We also go to India, Johannesburg, South Africa, Tokyo, Dubai this Summer, and Seoul this Summer too. If you are a USAir East 757 pilot like your Avatar suggests, you go as far west as Vegas and mostly do Florida runs. Your 762s do some INTL from PHL, but not much. Enjoy that, if you are senior enough.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Oh, General. You assume too much from a simple picture. I've got no clue? Hmmm. I'm well aware that Delta flies to many more locals than Nigeria...........appreciate the travel agent info though.

I was only making a reference to staying in exotic Lagos....(guess I should have been more specific). I'll pass, thanks. Let us know how it is when you get there though!;)

I hope DL comes out of BK soon & can return to what it once was. I've got some buddies there & I know how it sucks to go through paycuts, furloughs, BK (multiple), etc.

btw........Dubai gets just a smidge hotter than Atlanta.

Last edited:
I do not know where you guys will stay. My guess would be the Sheraton or the Eko (I think that is the name). Out there on the island. Travel time to the Sheraton is 20-60 minutes, the other hotel about 40-90 mins.
Don't count too much on discounts there are some for the crews but not great. One evening I had some soup, bread and a diet Coke for $17. The Sheraton and Ekos pools are fine. I wouldn't sit under the trees at poolside at the Sheraton. Sometimes the odd snake falls out. Workout facilities are good (esp Eko). BA, VA, KLM, LH stay at the Sheraton. I would pay my incidentals in US dollars rather than Euros. Better exchage rate.
I use to bid the Lagos trips because it was easy flying out of Brussels. Brussels is great during the summer. Lagos? Well Lagos is Lagos.
If you land 18L be very careful not to slide off the end. The summer I was doing it an L10, 72 and A330/340 went off the end. The 340 hit a pothole damaged the left main gear and departed the rwy. AF hit a heard of cows at Port Harcourt. Nigeria is wonderful.... Enjoy... I'll take India any day...

We must have been watching North American Airlines and their loads from JFK. They started Accra, then we started Accra. Now Lagos (they have 3 weekly flights on a 767ER). They were flying to Banjul, Gambia also (from BWI to Accra and onto Banjul), so maybe that is next. Thanks guys for doing the intial foot work for us! Hopefully North American will do Nairobi or somewhere that has great one day safaris.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General....hate to break the news to you but there are no "one day safaris" and Nairobi is probably one of the least safe cities in Africa these days. Your lack of knowledge about Africa is amazing.

General....hate to break the news to you but there are no "one day safaris" and Nairobi is probably one of the least safe cities in Africa these days. Your lack of knowledge about Africa is amazing.

As of last summer you could get a one day tour of the national park (can't remember the name) near Nairobi. You need to be very vigilant in Nairobi.

A "tour" is not a safari.

hoe gaan dit met u?

Having lived and have family who live in Suid-Afrka. Thanks for pointing out that a tour is not a Safari. The next time I am in Joberg or out on the Velt, I will be sure to contact you for your expert analysis on the region.

I just love the way FI info degenerates into, "my willy is bigger than your willy".

Safari- a journey or expedition, for hunting, exploration, or investigation, esp. in eastern Africa.
Safari is a Kiswahili word meaning 'Journey'

http://www.wildwatchsafaris.com/safaris/birding-safaris/1 day birding safari.htm

http://www.africansafariair.com/Articles/category/short-excursions-nairobi-packages/

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back