• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SkyNation

U.S. American
FWIW,

Overheard two DAL captains on the employee bus commenting that the position of 'Newhire Coordinator' had been posted, suggesting that there will be newhires coming.

True?

FWIW,

Overheard two DAL captains on the employee bus commenting that the position of 'Newhire Coordinator' had been posted, suggesting that there will be newhires coming.

yes. Delta will be hiring within 6-9 months. Will probably hire between 100 and 200 in 07.

Union Shop

SkyNation, you can't be thinking about the mainline, can you? Thought you didn't want to be dragged down by having a union represent you.

Talked to 1 of the ex Delta 767 Captain and he said that there are only about 400 pilots on the current list that are over 50. With less then 5% of the pilots over 50, we are talking about at least 15-18 years to Left seat. Unless.........................

Talked to 1 of the ex Delta 767 Captain and he said that there are only about 400 pilots on the current list that are over 50. With less then 5% of the pilots over 50, we are talking about at least 15-18 years to Left seat. Unless.........................

Not true. I just looked at projected retirements list on the Flight Ops page of the DeltaNet. Here are the exact numbers for the next ten years,

for a total of 1883 pilots over the age of 50.

How long before a new hire could possibly fly a 777??

The most junior pilot on the 777 is a November 1991 hire, with seniority number around 3700. That's 15 years to the right seat of the 777.
That being said, we only have 8 777's right now, with more on the way. I would think that if they open up NYC as a domicile for the 777 with the India/China routes, it will go significantly junior. There have also been rumblings of MANY 777's to be brought on property, but as the saying goes, I'll believe it when I see it.

Two months ago you guys were dogging delta for the last contract,Now you guys are falling all over each other to get info and an interview...So SAD..and so funny!!!!

Latest resources

Back