Delta to Discontinue Mesaba Florida Saab Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amen

Cut him a little slack, this is the first thread he ever started where he got something right.

Pinnacle will not keep those airplanes. DAL owns them as mentioned and registers them to 9E. The fate of Pinnacle with reference to the DAL/NWA merger was set in place long ago. Unless they get firm replacement orders soon, they are in deep trouble. The 200 flying will be drastically reduced when options for the 900 and 170 are exercised with Compass/Mesaba.
I often thought there might be a place for Pinnacle to operate the 900 for NWA, but after the latest news, I think this is the tip of the iceberg and the writing is on the wall. No doubt, the next 12 months will be trying times for some of the DAL/NWA regional carriers.

I'll preface this by saying that press releases/sources to follow shortly. i.e "speculation" for now.;)

200 new hires before the end of 2008
500 new hires before the end of 2009

Mesaba will receive their first 2 CRJ-900's to be operated as Delta Connection in February. We will then receive 2 a month until we have not less than 15 being operated for DCI. Management is expecting NWA to use the options they have for the CRJ-900's to give to Mesaba.
6 of the 900's we are rumored to receive will be operated by Pinnacle until the software issue is resolved that will allow Delta's software to integrate with Mesaba's (apparently the reason crewtrac crashed a few months ago)
Also, the American Eagle rumor is again surfacing. Training Department being told to hire at least 2-3 more instructors for the Saab, as Mesaba is looking to get at least some of American Eagle's SF340's.

All new airplanes to be operated out of ATL. The new ATL base to be as large as the DTW base ASAP.
The New Premier Regional Carrier for the New Delta.

The future of Pinnacle is unclear. Unless they begin to receive airplanes from Delta, the flying could be cut quickly as the 50 seat routes begin to be replaced by more efficient airplanes. The entire merger with Delta will be complete in around a year from now. The 200's at Pinnacle are NOT scheduled to be painted in Delta colors. Unfortunately time is ticking but no one knows the hour it will be revealed.

One more from Seven.

Nice try. Right now the focus for Mesaba is preparing for our ATL base and ramping up our 76 seat flying out of our new hub. The focus on the turboprop market will be down the road. The SF34 is serving its purpose very well right now in its current market.

Yeah they just announced that the ATL-HXD route will be axed this fall as well. "Due to aircraft and airfield limitations with the addition of the economy" or some BS like that.

We called it since day 1 that Delta was just trying to move their yacht sailing buddies over at Hilton Head. What a terrible airport to fly in. Both wx wise and navigation/performance.

Delta hates props!
Yes they do. They pride themselves on being an all jet fleet. They will be again very soon.
Although it does seem foolish to keep painting the Saabs when they will probably be returned before too long. So far, Delta has been a tough one to figure out. This chess match is difficult. Just when you thing a move will be made, they blind side you with something else. Our management doesn't have a clue what the future holds.

You all can have a good laugh, but a lot of people are going to lose their jobs because of this.
Unfortunately, alot of those are furloughed from other air carriers.

You all can have a good laugh, but a lot of people are going to lose their jobs because of this.
Unfortunately, alot of those are furloughed from other air carriers.

I feel bad for the Mesaba guys. I think some of these guys are giving SEVEN crap because he's all wrong about his post in the past. I don't think anyone is wishing for someone to lose their job.

Lets not forget mesaba has 17 CRJ-200's that I would expect to get cut any day. Going into the fall weak flying season. The perfect storm is lining up for Mesaba... If your not in the top 500 I'd say your in BIG trouble of being furloughed once all the Saabs and 200 are gone?

Those 200's fall under the same category as some of pinnacles. Anything with the tail number starting with 89 or ending with AY are the newest ones and I believe have higher lease rates than the older ones. None of them are being repainted so far at xj or 9e, only 9e's older ones so far have the widget. Im not saying anything but it is making me wonder if those planes from both xj and 9e will be part of the delta fleet going forward contract or no contract

Yes they do. They pride themselves on being an all jet fleet. They will be again very soon.
Although it does seem foolish to keep painting the Saabs when they will probably be returned before too long. So far, Delta has been a tough one to figure out. This chess match is difficult. Just when you thing a move will be made, they blind side you with something else. Our management doesn't have a clue what the future holds.

Same garbage delta has been handing down to ASA and Comair for many years. Welcome to the dance!

Latest resources

Back