• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to cut MEM by 25%, mostly RJs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Delta plans to eliminate flying by smaller aircraft, Saab 340s turboprops and CRJ-200 regional jets, that carry 34 and 50 passengers, respectively, primarily on flights currently operated by regional carriers Comair and ASA, said Baur."

Since neither Comair nor ASA fly the Saab, how can Mesaba-Pinnacle survive this unscathed?

The Saab cuts were announced a while ago. They were shifting some to LGA for US Airways.

That schedule is a hell of alot better than my March lineholder schedule on the 200. Im at 77 hrs of credit(over guarantee only due to an extension) with only 14 days off. For 77 hrs of credit I want to have at least 16 days off!

How many legs did you average?

Yah, my only real gripe is so few days off. I may as well commute...keep an apartment down in ATL since my house is too far (up by Lake Lanier) to make 2 hr call out. I don't see my girls as much as I'd like...

My 4 day trips averaged 9 legs and 20 hrs credit.

3 times the FAs called up front and asked us if we wanted a first-class meal.

My bag actually fits in the overhead luggage bins.

I hope we stay 'adequately staffed'...sitting around waiting for sched to call and crediting MMG would suck a lot more than what I'm actually doing right now.

Weren't we going to shoot pool and drink a beer? I'll be in ATL tonight...Decatur/E. Atlanta Village is local for me...

Okay I have watched this ASA is going down in flames thread way to long. For those that own a calculator they are ONLY CUTTING ABOUT 50 FLIGHTS A DAY OUT OF MEMPHIS! Not even a noticeable number. Delta already cut MEM over 30% since the merger. Please everybody stop freaking out.

On Your Six gets hired by Delta and now his new agenda is to bash Regionals. Get a life man!
Fox 2 up our tailpipe, take that!

I was at United prior to Delta, with corporate in between during my furlough. RJs aren't financially smart for any feed when oil prices are really high, really over about $60 a barrel. And DC9s aren't viable either, and they are also being parked within the next 12-18 months. Try not to take any of that personally. If you are crying already about an actual article stating what I initially posted, then you are in for a tough road ahead. This industry is not easy, and I have had a long furlough to prove it.

OYS

Weren't you flying a Global Express? Why leave an large-cabin corporate job to be junior at an airline?

Weren't you flying a Global Express? Why leave an large-cabin corporate job to be junior at an airline?

Pay was ok, variety of destinations was good, but being on the beeper all the time wasn't fun. When Delta hires a lot more, I will get my QOL back.

OYS

Latest resources

Back