• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to cut MEM by 25%, mostly RJs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So are you rooting for me to lose my job, because it's how I feed, clothe and shelter my little girl and my wife. I hope thats not your point.

A little sensitive huh? Welcome to the aviation biz. Good luck.

This was my fear of working at an airline with 300+ outdated jets. They are becoming maintenance and fuel nightmares and will ultimately drive costs through the roof and render us uncompetitive and fodder for pull- downs. Don't look for any renewals of contracts based on our horrible performance which is almost entirely self-inflicted.

They're too busy witht the merger to worry about their bread and butter. Too bad when that work is done DL and UA will be sending the bulk of our fleet to the glue factory slowly but surely.

This was my fear of working at an airline with 300+ outdated jets. They are becoming maintenance and fuel nightmares and will ultimately drive costs through the roof and render us uncompetitive and fodder for pull- downs. Don't look for any renewals of contracts based on our horrible performance which is almost entirely self-inflicted.

They're too busy witht the merger to worry about their bread and butter. Too bad when that work is done DL and UA will be sending the bulk of our fleet to the glue factory slowly but surely.

Unfortunately, the airline industries leadership has not been very pragmatic in their strategy for the future. They had every reason to plan for an believe that the 35/50 seat jet is a giant pink elephant on their balance sheets. I cannot quote the article, but an analyst from the ATA predicted that by 2017 when most of the CRJ/ERJ contracts are going to be up for renewal that less that 30% of those airplanes will still be flying.
What is going to be the future? Anyone's guess, but I think we are going to have more large turboprops and many communities that once had airline service will either have it eliminated all together or reduced if they are lucky.

So are you rooting for me to lose my job, because it's how I feed, clothe and shelter my little girl and my wife. I hope thats not your point.

Drama queen. Not sure how you got that out of a 2 word post.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back