Delta to buy Jetblue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your statements are ridiculous.
ALPA is no guarantee of protection during an acquistion.
Can you say TWA... try it... its easy.
And the terminal would not be a deal breaker if somebody wanted to buy it.
It would be a consideration though. A corporate poison pill, if done correctly can make it near impossible to buy a corporation through a takeover. But we are speculating way over the top here.
But its funny that you think ALPA can protect a pilot group!
That's a laugh!

I could be wrong but I think all he was referring to is that if you were ALPA and were bought out/merged with DL (or another ALPA carrier, covering most legacies, except AA), that ALPA merger policy would apply. And, with that at least you have a specific policy and some 'guidelines' for how the lists should be merged, as being ALPA, you both agree that ALPA policies apply. TWA was ALPA and bought out by AA being APA. Having some union would certainly help if you were bought out, if your 'contract' was not followed as far a provisions for "mergers/fragmentation;" would cost $$$,$$$. in a court battle.

Just my thoughts, as no merger/integration is perfect, but ALPA might offer you some added protection that you don't have now, with NO Union, etc., especially since, if jb was bought would probably be a 'legacy' and most (except AA) are ALPA. Just something to think about.

Now, ready, start your 'anti ALPA rant' and union bashing, as I don't have a dog in this fight, and could care less. Just trying to offer some thoughts.

DA

For those arguing the new terminal 5 is not compatible with Delta's int'l ops - what is under construction is only phase one. Phase two will be a whole new concourse extending over the T6 site. Also, when AA's new terminal is completely built out, there will no longer be a need for ageing T7 (BA and the other One World carriers would join American). This would give Delta plenty of real estate to build a huge Terminal 5 extension for their widebodies. Delta could put their entire operation in the completed complex.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back