Delta ticket price glitch.. BOS - HNL $68

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
3.2 Probable Cause
The National Transportation Safety Board determines that the probable cause of this accident was the pilots’ failure to use available reverse thrust in a timely manner to safely slow or stop the airplane after landing, which resulted in a runway overrun. This failure occurred because the pilots’ first experience and lack of familiarity with the airplane’s autobrake system distracted them from thrust reverser usage during the challenging landing.
Contributing to the accident were Southwest Airlines’ 1) failure to provide its pilots with clear and consistent guidance and training regarding company policies and procedures related to arrival landing distance calculations; 2) programming and design of its on board performance computer, which did not present inherent assumptions in the program critical to pilot decision-making; 3) plan to implement new autobrake procedures without a familiarization period; and 4) failure to include a margin of safety in the arrival assessment to account for operational uncertainties. Also contributing to the accident was the pilots’ failure to divert to another airport given reports that included poor braking actions and a tailwind component greater than 5 knots. Contributing to the severity of the accident was the absence of an engineering materials arresting system, which was needed because of the limited runway safety area beyond the departure end of runway 31C.

Maybe Delta did this to get some press for ticket prices and away from all of their issues staying on prepared surfaces. Not a bad move.

Tanker,
One of the little pleasures in life to me is knowing that you will never (nor want to be) a Delta pilot. That's why I only try and fly Delta.
LUV

Sure Scoreboard....Kinda like you guys jazzing my local news up by acting like you are the only airline who flies the honor flights to DC for our veterans.

There are people in our basement wringing their hands trying to come up with a temporary way to lose money to gain publicity. Seriously?? Last year United had the same thing happen and they waffled and flip flopped about whether or not they were going to honor the tickets which actually ended up hurting them. Delta learned from the reaction and came up front right away about it....why is that wrong?
Chilax dude, Merry new year!

Did I say SWA didn't do this type of thing?

Look, good on DAL for playing a cheap trick and having all the major networks talk how bad it was for poor old DAL... How many cheap tickets were sold, hundreds? How many were sold later beacuse folks kept looking, tens of thousands? And how many will keep looking and looking< trillions?

Bad all the way to the bank dude.

I wager the exec who came up with this is the new VP of rake the cash in. dept./

Not buying for one minute a major airline tech department which "accidently caused" the glitch, could recover inside of minutes, far to convenient.

Last edited:
Not at SWA. Familiar with the W2 thread? I would be scared to post what a DAL 767 driver makes too.

As an FO I make more than your Capts probably. Being senior in category really helped. Greenslips (double pay) really added to it. Goodnight!

Bye Bye---General Lee

I don't think it was intentional, but all it really did is bump a few non-revs. Good move by management to honor the tickets and take the free publicity.

I don't think it was intentional, but all it really did is bump a few non-revs. Good move by management to honor the tickets and take the free publicity.

So wait, your Expressjet management did what???? Huh?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Glad to see another DL thread ambushed by the regular pay for training sellout southwest trolls

Latest resources

Back