DELTA Technical Test

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Joe Schmo

I've heard the new technical test has alot of ATP written questions. I've been studying up on that.
Anyone recently interview there remember which specific sections were on the test??
Got the study guide, but still not sure if they will pull any flight planning, weight and balance calculations, etc...

Appreciate any help,

I don't know, but I have a 2008 Gleim ATP test prep book in nearly perfect condition for $20 plus shipping. PM me if you want it.

There was one question asking about the diameter of a microburst. Another described taking off, getting the stick shaker, and noticing higher fuel flows during cruise (forward CG). Read mental math for aviators as well. There were no calculating W & B on my test, but not everyone gets the same test. I would pay attention to the weather section and aerodynamics of the ATP.

So I can toss my Officer Candidate School test book?

Not hiring, YET...

I went to a job fair in Chicago at the end of October and spoke with Delta and Northwest reps (before the corporate closing) the number that was being tossed around was 150-400 by the spring depending on retirements as some Northwest guys are expected to leave.

The interview gouge above was spot-on for my last two airlines, and a friend used it for Delta last summmer. Good Stuff!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back