• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta TA Vote NO leverage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OMG, a CRJ1000 with 86 seats in 2 class config at mainline? Never. We are above that.

I've now had three (granted, that's not very many) mainline pilots tell me they're above even a 100-seat airplane, let alone an 86-seater. Something about schedules thereon being lousy.

OMG, a CRJ1000 with 86 seats in 2 class config at mainline? Never. We are above that.

I sure hope you are kidding. Otherwise it shows your true nature. There are many who are stuck flying the crappy 200 who would rather be flying something else. I would love to go to the days where I flew a small turbo prop for a couple years and was picked up by a mainline carrier. The only ones at a regional who want to stay at a regional are maybe the very top % of pilots as they are too invested in their positions. The rest of us want to bolt to a mainline. Do the right thing and not sell out your jobs for more money. Take back as much scope as you can and create as many mainline jobs at Delta as you can. Preserving your careers and those who want to join you. But given the circumstances, I am sure you can take back some scope and get a nice raise as well. The numbers don't lie

As long as it has two seats up front, proper remuneration and it's not outsourced who gives a ******************** how many seats are in the back.

Agreed...Sherpa's got it right.

For reference ( maybe a former NWA chap can chime in ):

Then...

- 1991-92 time frame....I believe NWA paid an max. annual guarantee of approx. $165,000/yr for DC-9 Captains.

- DC-9-10 held somewhere between 75-90 pax.

- Delta also operated them. And Delta pilots flew them. ( And I believe their rates were comparable or higher.)

- 1991 DC-9 rates adjusted for inflation...$278,000 annual guarantee.

And Now...We'll, we don't really need to spell it out. Do we?

The greatest idea ever come up with by management, and the most ridiculous idea ever accepted as "common wisdom" by pilots...

- "These are smaller jets, so you should be paid less to fly them."

And then, "my-watch-is bigger-than-yours" syndrome took over and here we are today.

Camels stick their noses under tents, and frogs sit in nice warm baths while the temperature is turned up just one degree at a time.

" Come on in boys and girls! The water's fine and we have shiny new jets you can fly for next to nothing because no REAL, MANLY, MAINLINE PILOT would be caught dead in one of these things!"

Looks like some Camels moved into a tent of Frogs and have given them a nice warm bath for about 20 some years....

Do you smell what the Camels are cooking?

CROAK.

Love,

YKMKR

Last edited:

That plane is 4 1/2 times the price of a used MD90 or a 717. IF you want a zero percent raise (or maybe give some back), then you push for CRJ-1000s. Go for it.

Via Google:

Bombardier CRJ 1000

Price - Price $ 46.37 million U.S. Estimated * (Financial Year 2012) Bigger Better and More Advanced NextGen Passenger Jet The CRJ 1000...........

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
GL, why not create mainline jobs with the new -900's? At $2.5B to reengine the old -200's, you aren't sticking by the old standby "mainline is too expensive" are you?

The number is wrong, that's 12.5 million per aircraft. The enGines don't cost that much.

The number is wrong, that's 12.5 million per aircraft. The enGines don't cost that much.

So you're challenging the assertions of that poster- Ok, source it then brother. Let's get the numbers out. Bc all I'm hearing is a lot of pilots who emotionally believe that mainline is too expensive to fly a -900. Prove it out. Let's see the cold rationality of it, instead of this vague bs being thrown around.

Do you doubt that 50 seaters are older and mgmt would like to get rid of them?

Think they would hold onto them just to spite you?
If part of their equation is savings to delta, inc by dividing up a pilots seniority over the years, maybe that ought not be bought into by pilots.

That plane is 4 1/2 times the price of a used MD90 or a 717. IF you want a zero percent raise (or maybe give some back), then you push for CRJ-1000s. Go for it.

Via Google:

Bombardier CRJ 1000

Price - Price $ 46.37 million U.S. Estimated * (Financial Year 2012) Bigger Better and More Advanced NextGen Passenger Jet The CRJ 1000...........

Bye Bye--General Lee

They can't cost that much more than a crj900. My point was that I'd rather see 70 crj1000s on at mainline than 70 more crj 900s at the regionals.

Latest resources

Back