• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta staffing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think most Airlink, commuter, connection or what ever you want to call us pilots are routing for mainline to take it all back. Believe it when I see it

get off your high horse

I don't think anyone would be surprised by the reaction. Scope is becoming the proverbial third rail. This is a different pilot group than a decade ago, when the number priority was protecting the DB and fluffing the FAEs at all costs. We have a great deal more experience and information on the negative effect outsourcing has, not only on the careers of Delta pilots, but the industry as a whole. Outsourcing flying to regional airlines who don't have the structure, the ability and in some cases the desire to improve their contracts is corrosive to the profession and undermines the careers of the mainline pilots.

Okay let me get this straight, you are blaming the plight of our industry on regional pilots? Look at Comair and see what a good industry "standard" contract got them! I will bet there is not 25% of their pilot group who are there who were there to vote to strike and still they are looked upon badly by delta! Give me a break! I put this bad career solely on the backs of ALPA National and their bad decisions, lack of coheision and their theory that only those at the top get the rewards attitude!

Do not blame the regionals, take 9E for example. They have been fighting for a good contract for years and look at where they are! ALPA needs to step up and do what good unions do, set a standard for their members pay and make that the going rate. Pay it or you are not getting our services or any other pilots who are a part of our union. "look here delta, you have until 2014 to amend all your regional feeder pay to this standard or all alpa members for Delta are not working". That way pay is left out of their strategy to save money. By the way, I used delta as an example. It would have to be a standard for all majors. Oh and by the way, how can Skywest afford to pay their pilot more than 9E, XJ, and I believe Comair too? Oh it must be their union doing a stand up job! Oh wait they do not have one! By the way I like and fully support my MEC and the good job they do, I am just not a fan of National. They are doing a stand up job by the way. I can only guess they are going to allow all of us to get screwed by the new rules being set forth because of the crash in New York. So we will end up with shorter duty days, less pay, and more oversight and crappy trips, and ....the list goes on.....

Okay let me get this straight, you are blaming the plight of our industry on regional pilots? Look at Comair and see what a good industry "standard" contract got them! I will bet there is not 25% of their pilot group who are there who were there to vote to strike and still they are looked upon badly by delta! Give me a break! I put this bad career solely on the backs of ALPA National and their bad decisions, lack of coheision and their theory that only those at the top get the rewards attitude!

Do not blame the regionals, take 9E for example. They have been fighting for a good contract for years and look at where they are! ALPA needs to step up and do what good unions do, set a standard for their members pay and make that the going rate. Pay it or you are not getting our services or any other pilots who are a part of our union. "look here delta, you have until 2014 to amend all your regional feeder pay to this standard or all alpa members for Delta are not working". That way pay is left out of their strategy to save money. By the way, I used delta as an example. It would have to be a standard for all majors. Oh and by the way, how can Skywest afford to pay their pilot more than 9E, XJ, and I believe Comair too? Oh it must be their union doing a stand up job! Oh wait they do not have one! By the way I like and fully support my MEC and the good job they do, I am just not a fan of National. They are doing a stand up job by the way. I can only guess they are going to allow all of us to get screwed by the new rules being set forth because of the crash in New York. So we will end up with shorter duty days, less pay, and more oversight and crappy trips, and ....the list goes on.....
Exact-a-mundo.....well said! This profession is dead. Thanks ALPA National for not having a set.

I think that all of us need to look a little deeper than simple finger waving in the direction of ALPA National.

I implore all of you to read the By-laws, and how ALPA is set up. The problems are fixable, but pilots need to be engaged, educated, and unified behind a set of issues. The division within each airlines pilot ranks can be seen as a one of the top reasons for a lot of the issues.
Get involved, have a voice and make changes. Progress may happen, quickly or slowly, but it need to happen, and the worst thing you can do is just give up.

Latest resources

Back