Delta Special Assessment for "Merger Fund"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

~~~^~~~

Anyone in the know want to shed some light on this raised on the Delta Code a Phone message? General, 737, Michael, somebody should post the message. I will see if there is text of it somewhere.

~~~^~~~ said:
Anyone in the know want to shed some light on this raised on the Delta Code a Phone message? General, 737, Michael, somebody should post the message. I will see if there is text of it somewhere.

It's real simple, there is a high likelihood of consolidation in the industry and the DAL pilots have voted to assess themselves in order to be prepared for a possible merger or acquisition. It's called being prepared. Has ASA filed a PID to merge with Skywest yet?

NWA activated its merger committee, and fully staffed it as well. I wouldn't see the DAL merger fund as any big dealio

Nu

Good luck with that, I'm still waiting for my $300 "merger assessment" with AWA.

Long and strong TWA!

Oh yeah. I made it up in furlough pay!!!!

magrs said:
Good luck with that, I'm still waiting for my $300 "merger assessment" with AWA.

Long and strong TWA!

Oh yeah. I made it up in furlough pay!!!!

The dirty little secret about this stuff is that you pay your $$. Then ALPA Nat controls the $$. ALPA Nat controls the lawyer you buy. Your MEC controls nothing but a begging towel.

You need to create a separate ad hoc committee to give the $$ to, (outside of ALPA assessment) and use that venue to hire your own lawyer. You really need two lawyers. One to protect you from worthless, and one to negotiate with the other side.

Been there, done that.

spud--Don't tell them that! Let the schmucks find out like we did. Funny, there won't be anyone at ALPA to turn their backs on these guys...TC

FDJ2 said:
It's real simple, there is a high likelihood of consolidation in the industry and the DAL pilots have voted to assess themselves in order to be prepared for a possible merger or acquisition. It's called being prepared. Has ASA filed a PID to merge with Skywest yet?

AAAHHHH.........

Be prepared huh? No matter what happens they're gonna get an a$$ pounding and the ONLY reason ALPA wants this "merger" assessment is because woerthless's salary can't be reduced and ALPA is running out of money with all the furloughs and retirements being replaced by regional pay. Don't kid yourself ..... IF and thats a big if the merger happens they'll still find a way to F%$K the pilot group one way or another. Keep the faith though....... LOL.... someone has to. I think that someone is " THE GENERAL" LOL :rolleyes: :D

AA717driver said:
spud--Don't tell them that! Let the schmucks find out like we did. Funny, there won't be anyone at ALPA to turn their backs on these guys...TC

Yeah, yeah. I know. Gotta secretly admit that I do enjoy watching these Delta-ites twist in the wind...but hey, they are part of the brotherhood. So I felt a little advice was in order.

As I'm sure we both know, they can trust ALPA Nat with their assessment money at their own peril. Bad bad ju ju.

Not that they'll take it. But then again, who really cares?

The truly good news is that Miami Vice reruns start on Spike TV next week. Something....uh...never mind.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back