• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta signs another Codeshare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Without joining one of the three mega alliances I just don't see a huge international expansion for sw. The world aviation market is being carved up by these 3. There won't be alot of room for someone to try and go alone.

Never, General? You can't possibly be dense enough to believe that SWA won't start doing a lot of international flying over the next 10 years. First it's Mexico and other near international, then branching further down into Central and South America, and then over the pond. Prepare for it. The LBB joke only has a few years of usefulness left in it for you. ;)

Delta signs a codeshare agreement and buys part of a foreign carrier and the thread turns WN.

Ya'll have ADD.

I was looking for input from Delta/121 guys who think this is good/bad for the airline business. For the record my opinion is if your carrier has the ability to fly it then YOU need to be flying it.

Gup

Never, General? You can't possibly be dense enough to believe that SWA won't start doing a lot of international flying over the next 10 years. First it's Mexico and other near international, then branching further down into Central and South America, and then over the pond. Prepare for it. The LBB joke only has a few years of usefulness left in it for you. ;)

Wow, the Kool-Aid hit you hard, mate. :beer:

Without joining one of the three mega alliances I just don't see a huge international expansion for sw. The world aviation market is being carved up by these 3. There won't be alot of room for someone to try and go alone.

Well if AMR gets parted out, I would not be surprised to see LUV take their role in One World. It may that alliances only saving grace. I am sure Gary Kelly is keenly aware of the option. I am also sure that CEO's like RA, are also going to look at ways of taking parts of One World if AMR fragments, but the point is that, everyone including Garry Kelly are looking at the opportunities that will arise out of the AMR debacle.

One of the 767s is a -200.....it's not coming here!

OBTW.....Shut the F up Wave, you waste of good graftable skin!

Delta signs a codeshare agreement and buys part of a foreign carrier and the thread turns WN.

Ya'll have ADD.

I was looking for input from Delta/121 guys who think this is good/bad for the airline business. For the record my opinion is if your carrier has the ability to fly it then YOU need to be flying it.

Gup

Gup, A SWA guy posts a thinly disguised swip at DAL and you wonder why it turns WN???
I don't get how a SWA guy can throw code share stones when your management elected to expand into Mexico and Canada with 737's operated by non SWA crews? You could make a case that that is worse than setting up code share feed around the world.
The point isn't to throw stones at SWA, quite the contrary, the point is it's a threat to all of us.
We all live in glass houses and the enemy is not pilot's from other airlines.

Last edited:
Wow, the Kool-Aid hit you hard, mate. :beer:

I think you know me better than that, Fubi. ;)

It just makes sense. There is little room left for domestic expansion, and Gary is talking quite a bit about near international and Hawaii, and has even made a few comments about Europe down the line. I think he wants to be the CEO who makes SWA an international player. Will it be easy? Probably not. But the guy is smart as hell, and I'm sure he'll figure it out.

Gup, A SWA guy posts a thinly disguised swip at DAL and you wonder why it turns WN???
I don't get how a SWA guy can throw code share stones when your management elected to expand into Mexico and Canada with 737's operated by non SWA crews? You could make a case that that is worse than setting up code share feed around the world.
The point isn't to throw stones at SWA, quite the contrary, the point is it's a threat to all of us.
We all live in glass houses and the enemy is not pilot's from other airlines.

Go ******************** yourself Dan. I'm man enough to call a spade a spade.

Clear enough?

Gup

Latest resources

Back