Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cargoflyr69

V-Dub for Life
So I am headed to ATL for initial systems training/sim as a result of the last AE. I've never been thru the south schoolhouse. Aside from what the FOM says, how laid back are they when it comes to dress code? Casual Fridays/jeans? Do guys let their beards grow thick? Just curious....

Yes, Fridays are casual day, shorts, tank tops and slippers are OK in the summer/fall. No need to shave, at all (some guys only bathe once a week, too) and no worries if you are late on the first day. They give you a one hour grace period so you can feel comfortable about not rushing on Monday's.
Hope this helps. Oh by the way I don't work there.

Business casual everyday, including weekend would be a safe bet. You'll probably never see anybody with jeans even on Sunday. If you're lucky to have a checkride with one of our APDs, make sure your shoes are shined!

Anything with a collar and no jeans. Even the most ridiculous looking cargo pants are apparently ok, but god forbid you wear jeans!

Business casual everyday, including weekend would be a safe bet. You'll probably never see anybody with jeans even on Sunday. If you're lucky to have a checkride with one of our APDs, make sure your shoes are shined!

"F" The APD! I have something they could shine. Play the game, but don't be a limp - - - -!

Dont work for Delta, but do frequent their ATL sims. I love wearing jeans, ball cap and sneakers along with being unshaven just to see the looks on all the Delta guys faces......

Always hoping it's GL I'm pi$$ing off.....

Sounds like they need to relax just a little bit down there.

Yeah, I predict many evening study sessions at Spondivits.

AAHHHH...the ATL! After Spondivits you can get a real sexy hooker, 3 nights in a row, for the price of a pair of Wrangler jeans at Walmart (23 bucks). Before any of you ask, YES, I make those Wranglers look good! I'll do the math for ya. It's like 7.66 a night. I think it is 5 for the "company" and then some sort of hooker tax.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back