Delta santiago chile non rev

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enuffalready

Any info appreciated. Looks like they are pretty wide open. Are they weight restricted ( cargo) that doesn't come up on travelnet or is the availability on travelnet pretty accurate?

Would hate to head to the airport with 100 open seats only to find out I'd get stuck down there because of cargo.

thanks in advance

Yep-May be one of those "highly profitable" planes full of baggage that the General is always bragging about. Africa would need a lot more "baggageliners" to make money.

will someone above the age of 7 please reply...

I would like to take family there for a ski vacation and don't want to get stuck.

Any Delta guys have some insight?

It is cargo heavy. What I would do is check the flight for the last few days and see if they have left non-revs at the gate with seats open.

We still do a lot of cargo out of SA. Even in this recession.

Santiago is kind of tricky. Many times we carry a lot of heavy cargo out of there. I personally have carried 15K of gold out of SCL. Also, we bring a lot of fish. If you are a DAL pilot or know DAL pilots, you can always get SCL ops number and give them a call, and ask them if they are expecting any heavy cargo within your time period. Good luck, I've flown it probably 10 times throughout the year, and we've never had any issues.

Yep-May be one of those "highly profitable" planes full of baggage that the General is always bragging about. Africa would need a lot more "baggageliners" to make money.

What's your problem dude? You have no idea what you're talking about. Africa is by far the most profitable routes we have for the simple reason we are the only US airline flying US to Africa. I just flew an 8 day to Africa with 4 legs. Every flight was full, and we left non-revs at the gate every leg.
I guess you did not get hired by DAL, thus the reason for your animosity, sorry man, the RJ is a great plane, enjoy it and don't worry so much about mainline....

I unfortunately had a run in with this hose-up, the flight had been taking all nonrevs for the last 3 days, the day i was planning had 60 open seats. But when I got there, they said they had something like 40k lbs of asparagus to take and would not take any s/a's. they did eventually take about 6 of them but would NOT take any checked bags, carryon only. and all of them had to go in coach, even thought the front had 18 empty seats.

I would strongly recommend getting you some zed tkts on American. Thats how I ended up getting home, SCL to DFW, or JFK.
I talked to the AAgent and she said they normally dont take a lot of cargo and are almost never weight restricted. and if you dont use the zed tkts, you just get your money back when you get home.

Have fun in SCL and try to head out to Vina del mar/Valparaiso for a couple of days.
and dont forget to try the seafood, WOW.

Safe travels

Latest resources

Back