Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta RFP off the table, or just being kept quiet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crash Pad said:
Suicides have nothing to do with Comair as a company. That rationale would indicate Mesa, ASA, Great Lakes, SKYW, CHQ, etc... would not exist do to the massive death toll. Comair still is one of the best regionals to work for.

I would venture to say Comair pilots have had a lot more stress than others due to the bankruptcy, shrinkage, etc that the others you mention haven't YET faced. But no, that's not to say anything about Comair as a company, just that the pilots have been feeling a lot of heat lately.

John Pennekamp said:
I would venture to say Comair pilots have had a lot more stress than others due to the bankruptcy, shrinkage, etc that the others you mention haven't YET faced. But no, that's not to say anything about Comair as a company, just that the pilots have been feeling a lot of heat lately.

um, ah, yeah.

what happened to Independence Air? ahh dah

Hawker dude said:
um, ah, yeah.

what happened to Independence Air? ahh dah

Yeah, OK, smart guy. Forgot them. Thanks for pointing that out.

you also forgot about Midway 1st,2nd, and the third. The problem is that pilots think they are immune untill it effects them. Everyone should realize that their job is only 1 rfp away.

That is why we need a union and I hope that eventually ALPA starts acting like a union.

This industry has been chock-full of stress, uncertainty, union-busting, and other miscellaneous strongarm tactics, especially the last 5 years. Having been furloughed, lost a house, and dealing with the CH11 process have not been particularly thrilling highlights for me, personally. I think everyone in this business has done an incredible job keeping it safe, despite the distractions over the years.

I am all for being respectful of the dead, letting the investigation run its course, but I can't believe how many apologists are out here blaming Delta, the RFP, or the industry in general for this accident. How do you guys even make it through a checkride with this mentality? At what point do you hold yourselves responsible for your own actions or mistakes?

There will always be distractions in this profession, even during the good times. Its our duty to mitigage these distractions while in the cockpit. If you can't do it, you should leave the profession.

Fly safe,
-PF

DGdaPilot said:
I think very few people realize the suicide thing. I know of at least 2 Capts that have done it in 2 years. Such a great company, such bad tidings.......makes me sick.

Who were they? PM me if you like. Just trying to see if I knew them or not.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back