• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta restarting SEA to ANC and LAS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will discredit your whole post with one sentence. We made an operating profit 4q2012. It isn't announced yet, but it happened. That is what our investors and board are looking for. Also, 1q2013 looks waaaaay better than usual. We'll see when announced.

Unfortunately, "operating profit" does not necessarily mean a quarterly profit for the corporation. When do they announce their official results?

I will discredit your whole post with one sentence. We made an operating profit 4q2012. It isn't announced yet, but it happened. That is what our investors and board are looking for. Also, 1q2013 looks waaaaay better than usual. We'll see when announced.

Hey, Flyer1015 is looking for some lottery numbers too (see previous post), maybe you can help him out.

NWAf16 is right, an operating profit won't mean much if it can't overcome the large debt on the other side of the balance sheet.

Unfortunately, "operating profit" does not necessarily mean a quarterly profit for the corporation. When do they announce their official results?

I understand that. This has been discussed a lot in other hreads, so I won't start up here again. Our results are announced just before the DOT announces them for us. We have been told many times we made a profit in 4q. I was hoping net, but it sounds like operatiional. Either way, we have never even made an operatiinal profit 4q so it is an upward trend.

Hey, Flyer1015 is looking for some lottery numbers too (see previous post), maybe you can help him out.

NWAf16 is right, an operating profit won't mean much if it can't overcome the large debt on the other side of the balance sheet.

Our investors focus on operational. The net loss portion is interest payments to them, so why would they care about it? If we were public it might be more of an issue. Again, I am not a business man, so this is the way I am looking at it in simple terms. I might be wrong, but it makes logical sense to me. If we don't make operational profit, then their capital is gone. If we make operatiinal, capital is still there and they make money on interest.

Also, by no means do I think we are free and clear and completely viable. I just see a little upward trend. We have been operationally profitable since I got here, and thats what the investors want, and they are the only ones that matter at this point.

Last edited:

After seeing your Oct and Nov domestic loads, I find that incredibly hard to believe.

You guys have been selling tickets for almost 6 years below your cost, in spite of having >80% load factors. In Nov, VX wasn't even close to 80% loads.

Wow. That's like, a really large number, I wonder where he pulled that number from? :rolleyes:

It was really, really secret complex stuff. I looked at VX's 3Q2012 aircraft rents ($56,104,000) multiplied by 4 to get an annual figure, divided by the 52 aircraft in your fleet and then divided by 365. Presto, $11,823.81/aircraft/day. Really hard to figure this stuff out ...

You will find VX's aircraft rent listed in their quarterly report.

After seeing your Oct and Nov domestic loads, I find that incredibly hard to believe.

You guys have been selling tickets for almost 6 years below your cost, in spite of having >80% load factors. In Nov, VX wasn't even close to 80% loads.

It was really, really secret complex stuff. I looked at VX's 3Q2012 aircraft rents ($56,104,000) multiplied by 4 to get an annual figure, divided by the 52 aircraft in your fleet and then divided by 365. Presto, $11,823.81/aircraft/day. Really hard to figure this stuff out ...

You will find VX's aircraft rent listed in their quarterly report.

One reason may be because we were paying a lot for those aircraft slots that were cancelled/deferred. As was stated before, if we wanted to be profitable, we would stop growing. It seems 2013 is the year they want to be operatiinally profitable to ipo. They stopped the growth and it seems we are turning the corner to profitability. Maybe not...we will see. Also, I have heard about renegotiated leases...we are private, so we don't know unless they want us to.

One reason may be because we were paying a lot for those aircraft slots that were cancelled/deferred. As was stated before, if we wanted to be profitable, we would stop growing. It seems 2013 is the year they want to be operatiinally profitable to ipo. They stopped the growth and it seems we are turning the corner to profitability. Maybe not...we will see. Also, I have heard about renegotiated leases...we are private, so we don't know unless they want us to.

No, there were no cancellation penalties for the airbus orders. In addition, that cost would be captured under 'aircraft deposits', not 'aircraft rent'. And those cancellations were announced in the fourth quarter, not the third quarter.
Finally, your second quarter aircraft rent was $55,722,000 so it's not like your third quarter numbers shot up excessively, especially since you took delivery of your 52d aircraft on 21 Jun 2012.

VX is showing no signs of even attempting to be profitable. I watched Cush on CNBC a couple of weeks ago grinning that they've lowered airfares on EWR-SFO by 30%. What he failed to mention is that you guys are selling most of those seats well below your cost. So what's the point of lowering airfares by 30% if you're losing money on every seat sold??

No, there were no cancellation penalties for the airbus orders. In addition, that cost would be captured under 'aircraft deposits', not 'aircraft rent'. And those cancellations were announced in the fourth quarter, not the third quarter.
Finally, your second quarter aircraft rent was $55,722,000 so it's not like your third quarter numbers shot up excessively, especially since you took delivery of your 52d aircraft on 21 Jun 2012.

VX is showing no signs of even attempting to be profitable. I watched Cush on CNBC a couple of weeks ago grinning that they've lowered airfares on EWR-SFO by 30%. What he failed to mention is that you guys are selling most of those seats well below your cost. So what's the point of lowering airfares by 30% if you're losing money on every seat sold??

As with every flareup between flyer you and me, it will have to end in "I guess we'll see". Every indication from board members down to vice presidents say we made an operational profit in 4q. Have they lied through their teeth before? Yuuuuup.

Oh, and I am saying we were paying on the slots while we still had them, not that we had a fee to cancel them. That was the main reason they dropped them. They wanted those payments gone. There are still other ways of getting aircraft if we need them without those orders.

Last edited:
Andy is like that overly attached girlfriend figure that is making the rounds on the internet.

Here's Andy:

andy.jpg

Looks like DL wants to play ball in SEA. According to the guys at Airliners dot net, the flight times are out, but will be loaded into the schedule on Saturday? Anyway, it sure is interesting! I think each city pair has one daily flight, probably connections from the Asia flying to Vegas, and there must be big demand from SEA to ANC. (I know JB is also adding a flight)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Your "source" is Airliners dot net? How about logging onto DeltaNet and doing a little searching? You'll easily find this information. Oh wait, you don't really work for Delta. Moron.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back