Delta Recall?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

208starcheck

This must have been posted recently but I can't find it. Delta keeps talking about expanding 10% this year (2004). Anyone heard how this is affecting the furloughed pilots? How many will be left at the end of the year? Just hoping some of you get called back soon. I read this in Wall Street and USA Today last week if you are wondering where I got this info. AWA 10% also and NWA 6%. I found the NWA info though.

Good luck to you guys/gals

No news for recalls. The 8-10% will include connection flying, and the rest will be absorbed by current pilots. BK is being talked about much more recently than recalls.... Not expecting a recall- In TX getting a 73 type as we speak!

Peace out-

The "growth" you mention is across the whole Delta system...that would include DCI. Growth at DCI does not have the same potential RPM impact that the same growth at mainline would have. The original FM I crowd of 1060 are still bound by the RPM trigger, set by the arbitrator in Jan 03. While the gap between the required RPM's and current RPM's has narrowed slightly, the general opinion is the trigger will not happen until capacity is added. Mgt knows that growth could (theoretically) trigger a recall. As mentioned above, the latest rhetoric now involves BK talk. IMHO, mgt will go to great lengths to get a BIG concession of some kind before allowing a recall. FM I pilots are too great a prize to just let go. DALPA may eventually have to choose between saving the furloughs or saving the top 7000. Mgt is usually about 2 steps ahead of DALPA...

I am ready to join the que at HPA for a 737 type and SWA interview...if lucky.

Michelle Burns stated in the conference call that MAINLINE capacity increase would be 8% for 2004. A large portion of that increase would be international from the pulldown of flying due to the war in Iraq.

Last edited:
spanky2 said:
The "growth" you mention is across the whole Delta system...that would include DCI. Growth at DCI does not have the same potential RPM impact that the same growth at mainline would have. The original FM I crowd of 1060 are still bound by the RPM trigger, set by the arbitrator in Jan 03. While the gap between the required RPM's and current RPM's has narrowed slightly, the general opinion is the trigger will not happen until capacity is added. Mgt knows that growth could (theoretically) trigger a recall. As mentioned above, the latest rhetoric now involves BK talk. IMHO, mgt will go to great lengths to get a BIG concession of some kind before allowing a recall. FM I pilots are too great a prize to just let go. DALPA may eventually have to choose between saving the furloughs or saving the top 7000. Mgt is usually about 2 steps ahead of DALPA...

So why not use the leverage of pay cuts to bring all DCI flying under the ASA/Comair umbrella with all of your 1,060 coming back to work flying Delta colors???

ASARJFO,
Don't know. Good question? Lots and lots of rumors flying since there is a new sheriff / CEO in town.

Latest resources

Back