Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tailhookah

Just be the ball, Danny..
All you DAL guys out there... I know there's a TA out there, but if you could answer some questions regarding your bennies now I'd appreciate it. I will come back next year, be on 7th year pay and am married w/ 2 kids.

What's your healthcare like and what does it cost you? I'd be doing the family plan. Are there high, medium and low plans? How much do they cost per month?

I'd commute to JFK probably to the 76ER. How many days per month would I be on short/long if on reserve? I commute from IAD.

If I have a line, how many days per month usually do you work for how many hours?

Is the new medical any better?

How much profit sharing did you guys get last year? Is it paid into your 401k's or in cash... what was the percentage?

I am a CA at Jetblue on 8th year pay. Help me dig through these questions, I really appreciate any help.

Tailhookah

Last edited:
All you DAL guys out there... I know there's a TA out there, but if you could answer some questions regarding your bennies now I'd appreciate it. I will come back next year, be on 7th year pay and am married w/ 2 kids.

What's your healthcare like and what does it cost you? I'd be doing the family plan. Are there high, medium and low plans? How much do they cost per month?

I'd commute to JFK probably to the 76ER. How many days per month would I be on short/long if on reserve? I commute from IAD.

If I have a line, how many days per month usually do you work for how many hours?

Is the new medical any better?

How much profit sharing did you guys get last year? Is it paid into your 401k's or in cash... what was the percentage?

I am a CA at Jetblue on 8th year pay. Currently 140/hr. Help me dig through these questions, I really appreciate any help.

Tailhookah

If you came back, you could also fly other planes in NYC and not have to be on reserve. NYC also has the 320, MD88, and 737. Healthcare is not too bad, it is taken out of your two checks per month, and there are different plans you can choose from. Some have higher deductables, etc. It isn't as great as when you left, but BK can do that to anyone.

Bottom guy on the NYC 767ER might not be a very good choice. Reserve isn't as great as it used to be, and there is an increase in productivity for this upcoming TA. Some reserves complained about not making enough money (70 hours min), so they upped it to 72-80, but can bring you up to Average line Value plus 15 hours, which could be in the 90s per month during busier months. The past 6-8 months have been slower, with some people flying zero hours in a month. If the TA goes through, there will be 88 717s coming, which means training for a lot of people plus newhires, which means people on reserve may fly more (or they may get a line while moving up as people bid off and bid other planes).

If you have a line, you can bid close to the average line value published every month. The Summer months are more, and the Winter are less. Probably close to 76-80 hours as a line holder most months. I would definitely find a plane you can be a line holder on, and sit on that until you can be sure of being a 767ER FO lineholder in NYC. If it will take a couple years, choose the 320 and stay on that, since you are comfortable on it now. Be senior and have a schedule. Your pay may be close to your current pay after the raise kicks in.

Profit sharing last year was 5% of your W2. It will be the same for the next Feb 14th check next year. The year after that could be less if this TA passes, by about 1/3, but if the year is a GREAT year and the profits are more than $2.5 billion (analysts say it could happen), then profit sharing could be MORE, and the pilots would share 20% of the profit. If below $2.5 billion, it would be 10% (down from 15% normally).

Good luck. There will be a lot of retirements in the next 10 years, a chance at another 19% pay raise over only 3 years if the TA goes through, and movement due to new aircraft arrivals. They are tied in with RJ growth, so if mainline doesn't grow, neither do the RJs. No one sided RJ growth. Better ratios for mainline vs RJ flying too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You forgot the DRs note if you call in sick. Too many sick calls and they can demand your health record. Lovely.

You forgot the DRs note if you call in sick. Too many sick calls and they can demand your health record. Lovely.

Too many sick calls? They can call you right now too if you exceed a certain amount of days off in a row. If you were sick for 2 weeks in a row, I would think Delta would want to call and see if you are ok. If you aren't, maybe someone should get you help. Do you plan to be sick for 2 weeks in a row? They don't get doctor's notes for all sick calls, just really long ones. Welcome back to reality.

Bye Bye---General Lee

GE...

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for specific ammounts you guys pay per month for the health care premium. I can't seem to find it in the contract or TA. Also, I know I can hold a 320 or even 757. But I want to know how many days on rsv. guys have to sit scall and lcall...

thanks... 'tail

GE...

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for specific ammounts you guys pay per month for the health care premium. I can't seem to find it in the contract or TA. Also, I know I can hold a 320 or even 757. But I want to know how many days on rsv. guys have to sit scall and lcall...

thanks... 'tail

Right now it is 6 short calls(they may have allowed one more Short Call per month in the new TA), but they are different for INTL and domestic categories. For INTL (7ER), there are 6 24 hour call outs. That means 24 hours being within 2 hours of the airport. That can be 12noon one day, until 12noon the next (not exactly 1 day--can roll into 2). Any domestic short call is 12 hours. That can be from 7am to 7pm, which can a lot more commutable down to IAD. Remember, if you have a 7am shortcall start, you really don't have to be available for 2 hours, so you can take an 8am flight and be at JFK by 9am, and be ready to go, even for a 7am short call.

And you may want to ask a married guy with kids about how much he/she pays for medical. I only have a cute wife.

Bye Bye---General Lee

GE...

thanks... 'tail

Im on the Diamond HSA pla. It's 137/month for family. Preventive care is 100% and a $2300 deductable individual or $4500 family deductable. Then it's 90% coverage until you pay $500/$1500 individual/family copay then 100% covered. Last year it was better as it was 100% after initial deductable. Hope this help.

Latest resources

Back