• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Q1 Report more aircraft phase outs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess we will have to watch Delta shrink too now - what you wish on others, you normally get right back (directed to GL). I bet Delta will be down to 9000 pilots by the end of 2013. Republic will be taking Delta flying, and competing with Delta at the same time. Comair will be down to 50 airplanes. ASA will rid itself of all it's 50 seaters; and quite a few pilots...... and General Lee will still be wasting his life away posting on this message board; offering his opinions to those that are naive enough to listen to him. What a sad and pathetic existence - I kind of feel bad for the guy.

Ummm, what? Republic and other DCI operators have a finite amount of 70/76 seaters, and they still haven't hit that number just yet. We all assume Delta will go for it, because why not? But, 50 seaters are leaving at a fast rate, which is good for Delta. You just can't replace 50 seaters with unlimited 70/76 seaters, that just won't happen.

Delta will be dumping all the DC9s within 12-18 months, which was previously stated. But, they are replacing the 35 DC9s with 60 MD90s. That is an increase. And feel free not to read my "opinions", since you have no way to rebutt them. You can't, I am correct. Refute any of the above, just try it. And, I really enjoy my life, enjoy flying around the world, and enjoy this message board. Don't feel bad for me, really.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Have to say General, at least you're not holding back how you feel!

RF

Red,

Not only is it better for mainline's finances, but some of those people weren't nice to our furloughed pilots back in the day. That's the way it goes...

Bye Bye---General Lee

I guess we will have to watch Delta shrink too now - what you wish on others, you normally get right back (directed to GL). I bet Delta will be down to 9000 pilots by the end of 2013. Republic will be taking Delta flying, and competing with Delta at the same time. Comair will be down to 50 airplanes. ASA will rid itself of all it's 50 seaters; and quite a few pilots...... and General Lee will still be wasting his life away posting on this message board; offering his opinions to those that are naive enough to listen to him. What a sad and pathetic existence - I kind of feel bad for the guy.

Come on now... give the guy a break! He hasn't even hit 15000 posts yet!!!

Another point about the 8-10% capacity reduction after Labor Day to Europe. If you notice what type of planes are flying out of ATL this Summer to Europe, a lot of them are A330-300s. Dublin, Barcelona, Amsterdam, and a lot of other nonstops from ATL will be A330-300s this Summer, for the first time. Those are big planes, with lots of seats, which is good when the busy Summer season is happening. After that is over, too many seats is a bad thing. If you went from an A330 to a 767, that could be an 8-10% reduction in seats. Those A330s could then be put somewhere where loads might be more full, like Hawaii or South America, or back to Asia if it starts to recover in earnest. That is another way to reduce seats by 8-10%---just throw on a smaller plane.

Bye Bye---General Lee

This is a good point. The A-330-300 has a LOT of seats: more than the 777!

So, think of ATL-DUB going from a 777 to a 767 after the summer...doesn't seem anything other than normal really.

I'm sure there will be a couple routes that really do go away (remember Cape Town, Edinburgh, and Bucharest from the last wave of cuts) but a lot of it could very well be downgraded aircraft.

This is a good point. The A-330-300 has a LOT of seats: more than the 777!

So, think of ATL-DUB going from a 777 to a 767 after the summer...doesn't seem anything other than normal really.

I'm sure there will be a couple routes that really do go away (remember Cape Town, Edinburgh, and Bucharest from the last wave of cuts) but a lot of it could very well be downgraded aircraft.

Someone told me Athens and Venice nonstops from ATL usually stop after Labor Day.

OYS

Red,

Not only is it better for mainline's finances, but some of those people weren't nice to our furloughed pilots back in the day. That's the way it goes...

Bye Bye---General Lee

I wasn't there when all this happened. I'm only 5 years in. Those people you are referring to are a total of like 5-6. I understand why it was wrong but 95% of OH pilots now had absolutely nothing to do with this. I've been on a quite a few DL jumpseats and not once have I been treated badly. What I really want to know General is when do you let this go?

P.S. I also understand that the 50's must go.

I've been on a quite a few DL jumpseats and not once have I been treated badly.

I have to agree, I have never once had a problem jumpseating on any airline, nor have ever been disrespected by a mainline (or any other) pilot. I often wonder how much of the alleged "animosity" exists primarily in some people's overactive imagination.

I have to agree, I have never once had a problem jumpseating on any airline, nor have ever been disrespected by a mainline (or any other) pilot. I often wonder how much of the alleged "animosity" exists primarily in some people's overactive imagination.

I've heard some things on the radio on ATL ramp and ground freqs that were openly hostile.

You're probably right about most of it being imaginary...but there's definitely some attitudes out there that could use a little 'adjusting'.

I've heard some things on the radio on ATL ramp and ground freqs that were openly hostile.

Probably from the same guys who go off at a Starbucks girl for using 57.3ml of cream in their coffee rather than 57.1ml. In other words, they're just a jerk period.

Latest resources

Back