• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Posts $1.77B profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's funny listening to these post....everyone has a point However; the progressive cynic that sees the hypocrisy in things generally makes the best point. Well done 9rj9.

Max, I understand what you are trying to say but my point is to just let them enjoy their parade for now. Maybe later when more and more airlines begin to make more bucks, then we can all make more bucks. UBA757

where....

While I'm glad to see Delta making tons of cash (1.77 billion), I'm also wondering where the outrage is amoung the pilots who did take pay cuts, seems like they could pay you after all doesn't it?
Guess the question is when will you ask for it back.

Wasn't the point of taking paycuts to help return the company to profitability? Even if they did make this profit on my back I know that I'm getting a piece back because of ALPA negotiated payraises triggered by profit, plus profit sharing. Seems like the plan is actually working.

The last 5 years sucked but it's been a good year so far and as long as this continues it's only going to get better for everybody... even the bottom feeders like 9rj.

point taken

I guess I see your point, but was the loss of retirement and paycut really necessary???
Seems fishy that suddenly thay make 1.77 billion dollars. I don't think they needed the paycuts, but again I don't work there. So, if the delta gals are happy with it, i guess I'll be happy too.

I guess I see your point, but was the loss of retirement and paycut really necessary???
Seems fishy that suddenly thay make 1.77 billion dollars. I don't think they needed the paycuts, but again I don't work there. So, if the delta gals are happy with it, i guess I'll be happy too.

I am just curious what you personaly would have done differently? When in BK the judge is basically making the changes that the company is asking for, the current administration won't allow a strike and if you vote no too many times you get an even worse deal crammed down your throat. Once again, what would you suggest the Delta pilots should have done differently?

I guess there was nothing they could do during bankruptcy, but now they could ask for it back. I know they will say no, oil prices are climbing, we have to remain competitive, ect. Just thought there would be a call to arms by the pilots to get some back when they just reported 1.77 billion profit. Guess management got exactly what they wanted, I bet they give themselves another big pay raise since they alone saved Delta.

I guess there was nothing they could do during bankruptcy, but now they could ask for it back. I know they will say no, oil prices are climbing, we have to remain competitive, ect. Just thought there would be a call to arms by the pilots to get some back when they just reported 1.77 billion profit. Guess management got exactly what they wanted, I bet they give themselves another big pay raise since they alone saved Delta.

Our top management did get some bonuses for BK exit, (the COO and CFO got about $6 million supposedly), but Grinstein the CEO gave away his $10 million to an employment fund for emergencies and scholorships. Yes, he was rich anyway, but I didn't see any other CEO do the same. We will get a new CEO by the Summer too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yes you can rest assured of two things:

1. Management will try to help themselved whenever they can.
2. The pilots will ask for money back. They will use everything possible to make this happen.

The plan talking to most of my Delta friends is to let the company turn a healthy profit (projected 800 million for 2007, projected 1.4 billion for 2008, projected 1.8 million for 2009) then in 2009 when the contract opens back up go for around a 30% increase in pay rates.

You say where is the outrage? These numbers were announced today. Sure there is grumbling in many cockpits today but the plan for a takeback has to be engineered more strategically than just showing outrage. From what I have heard the number one priority of DALPA is a takeback in 2009. The numbers reported today fit well with that plan. The best outcome, is continue growing the international side increasing profits, the pilots get healthy raises and the company grows and posts good numbers.

right into the 2009 airline cycle drop, perfect timing.

Latest resources

Back