• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Posts $1.77B profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me see, I gave up 14% for 6 months, and got 1.5% back last January, at these numbers I'll get another 6% back this January, I'll probably get profit sharing of close to 5% for the year and I didn't have to make any work rule concessions, the average DAL pilot got over $170K in cash back this last May for a very short concessionary contract, I get my fair share of $650M plus a 9% DC plan and 2% 401K contribution, plus PBGC pay outs and PC-5 redistributions I still make more than most and probably you. Not bad for a contract negotiated with a gun to our heads in Bankruptcy during an 1113C hearing.

But FDJ, according to all of the ALPA bashers on this website, ALPA doesn't actually do anything for anybody! Surely you could have done just as well in bankruptcy without ALPA! [/sarcasm]

Congrats to the DAL guys. I'm glad to see things picking up. Keep Captain Moak in office and you'll have some great leadership going into negotiations in a couple of years.

Does it sting just a bit to know you signed away your contract and retirement for these clowns to suddenly come out of bankruptcy and make 1.77 billion dollars.??
No, because it gives us leverage to get some money back. The work rules were saved for the most part....I'd say we did much better than our counterparts at the other BK legacy carriers. But trying to explain that to some lav rat might be difficult!

Management has to be laughing at you right now, eating their $ 100 plate lunch downtown Atlanta, while you're in a 1 hour line to pick up a whopper and fries served cold and soggy by a 20 year old crack head who hasn't washed his hands...ever.
I'm sorry, I didn't know that was you! There are treatment centers for that. Also, tell your mom, I' m sorry!:laugh:
Why do you even have a union when the FAs make more than the FO. Scott?!?
Just goes to show you Jeff, you are as clueless and stupid as ever!
Now get back to serving those burgers and fries dipsh1t!:laugh:

Congrats to the Delta guys! Looks like those paycuts were necessary to make Delta a profitable machine again.

Does it sting just a bit to know you signed away your contract and retirement for these clowns to suddenly come out of bankruptcy and make 1.77 billion dollars.??

Let me see, I gave up 14% for 6 months, and got 1.5% back last January, at these numbers I'll get another 6% back this January, I'll probably get profit sharing of close to 5% for the year and I didn't have to make any work rule concessions, the average DAL pilot got over $170K in cash back this last May for a very short concessionary contract, I get my fair share of $650M plus a 9% DC plan and 2% 401K contribution, plus PBGC pay outs and PC-5 redistributions I still make more than most and probably you. Not bad for a contract negotiated with a gun to our heads in Bankruptcy during an 1113C hearing.

So, what about the 32.5% paycut in 2004 before the 14%. That didn't count? How much do you pay for health care now compared to before LOA 51/current contract? What about scope? What about sick leave? Vacation? Hmmm ... No concessions?!

You're right about negotiating with the gun to your head and the guys that claim you caved in without reason are off base. But, your head is in the sand if you don't think that you took meaningful concessions that helped produce this bottom line.

right into the 2009 airline cycle drop, perfect timing.

Oh you are some sort of airline cycle prediction expert. You sound like some bitter pi$$ed off kid! Ok we understand you hate Delta, Delta does not want you either! Some move on! I can live with it!

...but Grinstein the CEO gave away his $10 million to an employment fund for emergencies and scholorships. Yes, he was rich anyway, but I didn't see any other CEO do the same.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Actually, our CEO and President has been doing it for 7 years...so does Neeleman...

Actually, our CEO and President has been doing it for 7 years...so does Neeleman...

How much did Neeleman just make cashing out some of his options? I think he made $20 million on a small portion of his holdings, with more to go. Will he donate all or part of that to his Jetblue employee fund?

Bye Bye--General Lee

It does go to the employee fund, The Neeleman personal employee fund and yes you can invest in this fund and no you will not get anything back from this fund. uba757

They made money only because they took it from the employees, period. You know it and they know it.

If you want to be happy about management transfering salary to the profit line on a balance sheet, then be that way.

Dude...you are a moron. And angry too. Your Mom not breastfeed you long enough?

Check out the DAL scales in comparison to the rest of the entire industry. Then say they are making profits off the backs of labor alone.

AND, oh by the way...two quarters of profitability doesn't really wash away the 24 unprofitable ones.

Latest resources

Back