Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Plane Makes Emergency Landing in S.C.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, imagine bringing pertinent system knowledge into the discussion. The nerve of that guy.:rolleyes:

Well, maybe Xray he could have mentioned "maybe" they were on emergency power - depends on which checklist they ran right? "Smoke due to air cond." they would not be on emergency power, and "smoke due to elect." they would.

Also, statement that they would not have "landing flaps" is not quite correct. They would not have "normal" landing flaps - but flaps 15 as someone mentioned. It's been a few years since I flew the mad dog, but I seem to remember Vref flaps 15 speed around 160?? Maybe add a knot or two if the General was non-revving in the back ;)

So, big issue that probably resulted in tires being blown was most likely no anti skid assuming they were on emer. power only. I am by no means bashing the crew - I'm sure they were quite busy getting the plane down while running all those checklists that are enough of pain in the sim and I'm sure they did a great job.

I'm sure Xray could have provided a few of these details as well rather than his response.

May I suggest "Mutt's" Bar-B-Q in Greer? The best pulled pork sandwich and ribs in town. Just about five miles from GSP.

May I suggest "Mutt's" Bar-B-Q in Greer? The best pulled pork sandwich and ribs in town. Just about five miles from GSP.

I would love to try Mutt's but it has been many years since I have had Lizzards Thicket. It was the only thing I looked forward to when I had to take an airplane to CAE for maint. when I worked for BankAir. Good times I'm glad I had and glad they are behind me as well.

I now return ya'll to your regularly scheduled urinary olympics and monday mornin quarterbackin.

Latest resources

Back