Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
copy that

Mercyful Fate said:
Delta management is getting exactly the reaction they probably were hoping for all along. Most people are going to see "the pilots" as the reason they might go out of business. Shut out the lights, sneak out the back door, and let the pilots take the blame.

Thats right.

The other 40,000 employees are like state workers at Delta. 2 do all the work while the other 6 sit around and each bank and beeotch about how much the pilots make. There are far too many worthless people in lower/upper management with ZERO education and ZERO skills.

Wtfo

warbirdfinder said:
Better yet, Senator John McCain just offered to pay anyone who picked lettuce $50.00 /hour if they lasted the season.

Sounds like McStain wants to see some pilots bending over.

“Oh Yes, Believe it or not, a regional pilot would take your job for half what you are making per hour, there are many guy waiting for your job, only problem is that Delta can not train them while under Chapter 11.”

Well, I’m sure a flight instructor would be happy to take a regional guy’s job for half what he/she is making an hour…

…and I’m sure a private pilot would be happy to take a CFI’s job for half what he/she’s making an hour…

…not to mention that a pre-solo student would be happy to take a private pilot’s “job” for half the pay…

…also, every guy who’s ever tried to pick up a woman, would be more than happy to become a “pre-solo” pilot for half the pay just so he could introduce himself as a pilot in a bar! ;)

We could go on and on, and soon you’ll realize that a regional pilot might be entitled to food stamps. Oh wait a second, I almost forgot – that’s already happening at many regionals!!! And you know why???

- Because at one point in their careers someone was willing to do what they did for half the pay!

I understand your frustration over the possibility of losing your job and not having any control over it - however please do not blame the pilots - blame the management.

Delta pilots (and all other employees) I wish you the very best in your struggle. Also have a happy Easter!

av80r

Last edited:
I have a background in business and a degree in accounting and let me assure you, these are not empty words. Delta Air Lines does not have the resources to survive even a short strike.
Yet 'she' makes less than 30k per year. This 'Tampa ticket agent' is surely a corporate raider or maybe Delta requires their ticket agents to have a business and accounting degree.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back