Delta Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sailpilot

Watch out guys, it’s something positive! I know we are all supposed to bash each other on this website.

I know I am just a B6 driver destroying the industry with our huge fleet of 80 something aircraft compared to other carriers with 400+ airframes, but a Delta Dude looked past that and helped me out yesterday.

I just wanted to say thanks to the Delta house and the Captain that hooked me up with a ride home yesterday.

I was in FLL trying to get back home and checked in for the Delta jumpseat and while waiting for the flight a FED had shown up. Now they had 32 seats open in the back but the jumpseat was now taken. I was ready to go find a much longer way home after being gone for 6 days. To my surprise the gate agent told me that he would let the captain know that another guy was trying to get home. I didn’t give it much thought because of the limit on riders related to number of jumpseats.

This captain that shall remain nameless and flight info intentionally left out, he let me on with the simple comment “you guys take all you can and I’ll do the same for you.” What a cool guy to look the other way and bend the rules a little to hook-up another pilot.

Anyways, this is usually an opening to get bashed on the internet for the next 3 weeks. I am willing to take the bashing too openly and in a public forum say from a B6 guy, 1st thanks to the gate agent in FLL to take the time to help, 2nd thanks to the Delta Dude that hooked me up, and thanks to Delta for the ride.

Blue Skies and Tailwinds

I've had nothing but great experiences when jumpseating on Delta. Everyone of their employees that I've dealt with have been very professional and most accomodating.

B727-100QF said:
I've had nothing but great experiences when jumpseating on Delta. Everyone of their employees that I've dealt with have been very professional and most accomodating.[/quote

D I T T O !]

I'll second, or third that on great experiences riding on Delta. Everytime, it couldn't be better.

This summer, a Delta pilot helped my wife move two kids worth of stuff across Hartsfield airport to make a tight connection while traveling alone. She was incredibly grateful to say the least. I was bummed she didn't get his name so I could thank him personally.

I've always had great experiences JSing on Delta, and I take them on almost every commute to and from work. Just yesterday a Delta pilot wrote a pass so I could get home. The back was full also, so I had to ride up front. The -88 crew was great and we had a good conversation all the way to ATL. I wish I could say the same things about NWA. It's pretty sad that I get treated better by Delta than I do by the airline that I fly feed for. Anyway, thanks again to the DAL guys that always help me out.

Never once had a problem with any Delta crew. Thanks again for all the rides guys (and gals)!

-JP

One time I was trying to get out of ATL to meet my family on vacation in PNS. I waited at the gate for 2 hours, and even introduced myself to the Captain. Just for the flight closed a Delta guy showed up and took the jumpseat from me. Delta only allows one jumpseater so I was screwed, the gate agent told me to pack sand. But as I was collecting my stuff to go buy a $25 jump on Airtran, the asst gate agent ran up to me and grabbed my arm. The Captain refused to push until I was sitting in the back, awesome. I will never have anything but good things to say about Delta pilots. Thanks alot.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back