• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta PERP out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is all about training costs. they know the training waves are coming as flying gets shifted and would rather rid themselves of the senior guys and train upwardly as opposed to downward hence why they included the part about keeping them until May 2010 if needed. We'll see, i know more than a few guys i've flown with that planned on leaving in the next year or so that will likely take it.

Now, if ALL of the guys you have flown with want to take an early out, the training deal might NOT be the actual problem......yikes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Now, if ALL of the guys you have flown with want to take an early out, the training deal might NOT be the actual problem......yikes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You'll have to excuse me, I dont speak Jive! Could you clarify :confused: ;)

I think it will be closer to 200. Flown with a few RB guys lately who seem very interested in saying "adios." If I was around 60 and going to retire anyway within a year or two, I'd take the deal. Being on top of the list, in my view, is being retired with a decent career behind me.

I'll print the sheet out for you and hand deliver it if you're senior to me. ;)

Last straw?

I can tell you that the decision to retire early is not easy, even when it looks like a "no-brainer" to someone not facing the choice. Sometimes one little thing can tip the balance, especially if sticking around will require a base or equipment change. The PERP offer may be modest, but some senior guys could have been waiting for just such an excuse. Perhaps they foresaw some kind of incentive coming and didn't want to miss out on it, no matter how small.

Latest resources

Back