Delta Peeps: Wassup??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

macdaddy

Heard that more were furloughed this month. How many total are now on furlough?

If the furloughs stop, how long (considering projected retirements) before everyone is off the street?

Just curious.

Macdaddy.

macdaddy said:
Heard that more were furloughed this month. How many total are now on furlough?

If the furloughs stop, how long (considering projected retirements) before everyone is off the street?

Just curious.

Macdaddy.

Whats up Macdad?

It will be 835 as of Aug 1st. There are soo many variables to consider, but my guess is...............................

Worst case everyone is back early 2005.

Best case, Delta is looking at some sort of 100 seat jet. They will probably try to set a low ball rate on the 100 seater to bargain for our jobs back. To that most of us say ..KMA...

However Delta says if the other majors start to add considerable capacity, then they can't sit by and let them take market share.

All the luck to all, take care

Go Rangers!!!!!!! (please)

Way too many variables, right now, to give a realistic opinion. As one who was furloughed last November, I'm hunkering down for the long haul. Load factors are up but revenues are down. The 100 seater is getting a lot of press and may be used as a means to replace the 73-200s in the Express operation AND lower pay scales. We'll see. I'm thinking 2004 at the earliest but who knows.

rapidD

Re: Re: Delta Peeps: Wassup??

NYRANGERS said:

Delta is looking at some sort of 100 seat jet.

Boeing 717?

Re: Re: Re: Delta Peeps: Wassup??

JetPilot500 said:

Boeing 717?

We had the close family member of a high level DAL VP on the aircraft the other day. He said the VP had been in Europe for a while working with Airbus on the new DAL small jet (A318). He was pretty sure they are going to get them. I'm sure they will have some leverage on wages with over 800 pilots on furlough.

Latest resources

Back