Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet_Driver

"There I was...."
1. What does Delta pay in training (hrs. per mo. & rate, per diem?)

2. I've heard Delta doesn't provide hotel in training, is this true? If so, what do guys do?

3. What are the junior bases and equp.

4. When does health insurance start?

5. Does Delta use PBS?

6. Is anyone getting hired without Turbine PIC?

Surprised that no one has given you the usual 'do a search' comment on this yet.

1. Pay in training is $2750/month through completion of IOE. Per diem only paid during flight periods (observation rides, OE).

2. Hotel paid for non-locals through end of indoc. After that, you are on your own to find housing.

3. Junior base is NYC. MadDog is junior equipment.

4. Health insurance starts day one.

5. Yes.

6. Yes, but not many.

If you are applying, good luck. It is a good time to be hired at DL.

Anybody worried about another round of furloughs at DAL? They have gone through two in the last 6 years or so. That's what scares me about getting hired there, that I might be cruising for 2-3 yrs and then get furloughed. I've heard that Delta pilots "eat their young."

1. What does Delta pay in training (hrs. per mo. & rate, per diem?)

Nothing. You should just be grateful they hired you.

2. I've heard Delta doesn't provide hotel in training, is this true? If so, what do guys do?

They live in a van down by the river.

3. What are the junior bases and equp.

LBB; 737

4. When does health insurance start?

You don't get insurance. They assumed you were healthy when they hired you. Why, are you hiding something?

5. Does Delta use PBS?

No. Nobody at Delta watches PBS. What are you, a commie...or worse, a liberal? If you're not looking forward to four hour sits watching glorious Fox News, you have made a serious mistake.

6. Is anyone getting hired without Turbine PIC?

General Lee.

Delta has furloughed at least 4 times in the past 15 years, not that they are different than most. My NWA bud got brought back only to be whacked again 4 months later.

Gup

Delta has furloughed at least 4 times in the past 15 years, not that they are different than most. My NWA bud got brought back only to be whacked again 4 months later.

Gup

Actually it's only been twice ('92-'95 and '01-'03) in the history of the airline (although some '73 hires did have to go toss bags during the fuel crisis...but they were assigned to different departments, not furloughed) but who's counting right?

...btw, I'm not delusional that it won't happen again, I had my 3 year Delta dream vacation... just correcting the historical facts.

Actually it's only been twice ('92-'95 and '01-'03) in the history of the airline (although some '73 hires did have to go toss bags during the fuel crisis...but they were assigned to different departments, not furloughed) but who's counting right?

...btw, I'm not delusional that it won't happen again, I had my 3 year Delta dream vacation... just correcting the historical facts.

How dare you confuse these southwest folks with facts!:rolleyes:

I've heard that Delta pilots "eat their young."

Then you heard wrong. Who said that, and in what context? Outside of SWA, I can't think of any other pilot group with whom I would rather fly.

The DAL pilots did not furlough their fellow pilots--mgmt did. But we did pay for COBRA benefits for five years, took mgmt to court to try to halt the furloughs (we lost) and finally convinced mgmt to end all the furloughs and start hiring again...though it was later than it should have been.

I agree!!!

Then you heard wrong. Who said that, and in what context? Outside of SWA, I can't think of any other pilot group with whom I would rather fly.

The DAL pilots did not furlough their fellow pilots--mgmt did. But we did pay for COBRA benefits for five years, took mgmt to court to try to halt the furloughs (we lost) and finally convinced mgmt to end all the furloughs and start hiring again...though it was later than it should have been.

Not to mention, included them in bankruptcy claim payout..... There are always a few at the top that will screw the young ( SWAPA and age 65??) but as a whole, I the pilot group did look out for the young, which was smart since they are all back, if they want to be. BTW, was reading that currently nearly 80% of the furloughed have returned either to active or MLOA status, only 20% have quit or bypassed. Doesn't seem like an imbittered group to me. Thanks for caring though SWA.

that says a lot to me. took care of my friends when they got the furlough letter.

Latest resources

Back