• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta (pay/training/per diem ect...)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody worried about another round of furloughs at DAL? They have gone through two in the last 6 years or so. That's what scares me about getting hired there, that I might be cruising for 2-3 yrs and then get furloughed. I've heard that Delta pilots "eat their young."

They only problem with any Legacy is that the first time the economy hits a bump you find yourself on the street.

Bailey

They only problem with any Legacy is that the first time the economy hits a bump you find yourself on the street.

Bailey

What is the difference these days between a legacy and a non-legacy? Everyones pay and benefits are pretty much in line thanks to the non-legacy groups who did the job for 50% less for years!

Actually it's only been twice ('92-'95 and '01-'03) in the history of the airline (although some '73 hires did have to go toss salads during the fuel crisis...but they were assigned to different departments, not furloughed) but who's counting right?

...btw, I'm not delusional that it won't happen again, I had my 3 year Delta dream vacation... just correcting the historical facts.

Gross..?? Tossing salads??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back