Delta/nwa Hillarious

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Max Powers

Ok is it just me or is reading all the chatter and name calling kinda funny on these merger threads. Just proves how arrogant so many of us pilots are, so sad. Look I think everyone is out to protect his or her own best interests. This is one big negotiating game. Just remember if you don't learn from the mistakes made in the past you will be forced to repeat them......ala USairways

I don't know, Max. perhaps it's instructive for 'outsiders' to see how valuable seniority is to the pilot profession. Hedge fund mgrs, bankers, congressmen, DOJ execs, etc. probably don't appreciate that. Now they can see first hand. After all, we're just 'labor' -- technicians they said (even back in the 1920's) -- and waaaay less sophisticated than our managers are.

At the end of the day we still shake hands and enjoy our jobs. It beats theirs.

Do you guys really think that if the two companies actually wanted a merger, they'd let two pilot groups bickering over seniority issues stop them. If they really wanted a merger, they'd do it and make the pilots figure it out after the fact. Somethings going on to impede the merger but it's not from the employees.

Do you guys really think that if the two companies actually wanted a merger, they'd let two pilot groups bickering over seniority issues stop them. If they really wanted a merger, they'd do it and make the pilots figure it out after the fact. Somethings going on to impede the merger but it's not from the employees.
I would think after seeing the mess that USair is dealing with they would have the foresite to see that it is better to have the employees groups along with the idea of a merger...and I mean all employee groups.

I would think after seeing the mess that USair is dealing with they would have the foresite to see that it is better to have the employees groups along with the idea of a merger...and I mean all employee groups.

You would think that to be the case. But the sad part is, at the end of the day, planes are still flying from point A to point B with paying passengers still putting money into management's pockets.

Regardless of whether or not ANY employee group thinks about what is fair or not

Latest resources

Back