Delta now or Fedex in 2 years

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tedspal01

I know there are no certainties in aviation, but wanted to hear some opinions. What does everyone think of accepting a job with Delta in the next couple months versus holding out for a job at FedEx probably two years from now? Assuming the person is in a job they currently enjoy and has good ins at both companies. I have already heard the first one to hire you, is there any other thought process here? I just heard that Fedex will not even interview you if you fly for another major.

Last edited:
Passing up any job for an interview you don't even have yet is foolish.

lets start with something easier. Do you even have a job offer from Delta yet? An interview? Takes things on step at a time.

I would come here and see what is what in two years. You never know what is going to happen in this industry. Heck if we merge with NWA we may have a great cargo company to fly for as well...

Go to Delta. FedEx may not need to hire for more than 2 years. But even if we do, your life will be miserable here at the bottom until the geezers finally decide they've had enough.

FJ

FWIW; FedEx's ACP said they would hire from Delta's pilot ranks (said this is a change from previous policy). I also heard the same guidance you got - that there would be a long hold until a class date.

Last edited:
I know there are no certainties in aviation, but wanted to hear some opinions. What does everyone think of accepting a job with Delta in the next couple months versus holding out for a job at FedEx probably two years from now? Assuming the person is in a job they currently enjoy and has good ins at both companies. I have already heard the first one to hire you, is there any other thought process here? I just heard that Fedex will not even interview you if you fly for another major.

You sound like a couple of guys in my last unit. Waiting for the FedEx or UPS job that may never come. Who knows? If you had a job offer from DAL and FedEx, then this would be a different story, but you don't.

So as was recommended to me, apply to the places you want to work and take the job of the one that has the first class date. Then you can go from there. As for FedEx does not hire guys from majors, that is BS. I know 3 guys there from 3 different majors (furloughed of course).

So as my story goes, I applied to many airlines, got interviewed and hired by Delta first and that is who I'm with now. As for Delta, so far I'm happy and living the dream! Who knows, maybe next month I'll be furloughed or I'll have another 60 guys below me. In this crazy airline world, your guess is as good as mine.

Good luck!

Let me ask ya this Ted. Say you stay put and in two years IF FedEX is hiring, you get called. Say you blow some portion of the interview and are NOT offered a job. If that scenario happens, are you gonna be ok with it, or on your way home will you be kicking yourself that you didn't take the DELTA gig that was in-hand.

That my friend is the ONLY question needing answered.

Latest resources

Back