Delta / Northwest Shed Gates in Combination - Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, but this one is right.
This loss of gates has to precede a corresponding loss of flights and lift. Buckle up everyone.

Say what? Do you think all gates are used all of the time? Maybe in ATL, but not at every other hub, and not at each outstation. Airlines lease gates from the airports at huge costs each year, and getting rid of some and using the ones that are available is golden. You have to remember that high fuel costs are coming down too, and that will help cover for a loss in pax loads, and parking more 50 seaters will help also.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey Genital, how's those international routes doing these days? You really used to hang your hat on those things. Looks to me like they sh!t the bed on you.

After discussing this with a few people, for now DAL thinks that the planned capacity cuts are enough.
Furthermore they do not PLAN to furlough.

I bet they never PLANNED to go through bankruptcy or PLANNED for Song to be such a hit. I'm not sure anyone has any good plans in this economy. I just think it's funny how the Gerbil Lee bragged about the international routes that have now basically become a dud.

Latest resources

Back