Delta Non rev?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sinca3

If a Delta flight is over sold in coach, will the agents put pax in first class to get them on the flight?
As it stands I am fine if they don't upgrade pax (20+ seats available up front) but if they start puting revenue coach pax in first I see a bump coming.......
Thanks

sure

if you are dressed IAW first class nonrev standards, most likely they will have 20 upgrades

Sinca3 said:
If a Delta flight is over sold in coach, will the agents put pax in first class to get them on the flight?

As it stands I am fine if they don't upgrade pax (20+ seats available up front) but if they start puting revenue coach pax in first I see a bump coming.......
Thanks

I'm not sure what you are asking...Your post is somewhat unclear to me.

If you're asking if the Delta agents will put you in first class if you're trying to non-rev and coach is full, the answer is...yes. It happens to me fairly often...on Delta and USAirways. And if coach isn't full, and the agents don't put you in First Class at the check-in counter, the majority of the time, the Captain and/or FA up front will offer you a seat in First Class.

To all those at Delta and USAirways, thanks for the outstanding treatment the past year. Despite your struggles, the crews have always been extremely kind and helpful to me. Thanks again.

Yahtz

I am an employee and am nonreving but the flight is over sold by like 50+ pax.
there are 28 first class seats (which is where most nonrev's go) and only 19 coach seats.
Currently there are 22 rev pax looking to get on the flight, so not enough seats in coach but plenty in first. Will the agents put the rev stby pax with coach tickets in first class to get them on the flight?

Employee?

If you are employed by Delta, unless you are a new hire, you should know how non-revs are treated on the stand-by list.

Good luck!

Just got back from Seattle for the Holidays. I don't work for Delta but I got bumped of 3 flights going and 1 coming home. I realize the flights were full but 3 of the flights had Delta pilots listed on the jumpseat. I like using Delta out of ATL because you can go almost anywhere direct. How much does it cost to Non Rev, and why do most Delta pilots list for the jumpseat rather than Non-Rev? The reason I ask is some gate agents won't even let you try to jumpseat if there are pilots listed on the jumpseat. I've had some real nice pilots who would Non-Rev just to get me on but I get hosed by most gate agents that won't let you even try. I asked the gate agent the other night if he would ask the pilot to non-rev so I could have a chance, he gave me back my jumpseat form and told me to ask the pilots directly. How do I know what they look like if they are in plain clothes. It seems most gate agents also do not know that Delta has unlimited jumpseats for some airlines, unfortunately mine is not one of them. I appreciate all the rides Delta has given me in the past and I'm just so glad I don't commute to Seattle. Thanks

meanstreak said:
I'm just so glad I don't commute to Seattle.

Welcome to my miserable offline commute. I don't know how many miles I've put on my shoes walking the SEA terminal, but it's a lot. Muchas Gracias to ALL the Delta folks who have been helpful whenever they can. Delta is always my first attempt for a jumpseat, but unfortunately only works about half the time.

meanstreak said:
How much does it cost to Non Rev, and why do most Delta pilots list for the jumpseat rather than Non-Rev? The reason I ask is some gate agents won't even let you try to jumpseat if there are pilots listed on the jumpseat.

It doesn't cost us anything to non-rev now, but it will start costing us $50 a year in a few days.

Many Delta pilots list for the jumpseat in advance to guarantee themselves a seat commuting to and from work. We can reserve the jumpseat 4 days in advance commuting to work, 3 days in advance commuting home from work, and one day in advance for pleasure travel. I always check the loads on travelnet, and if it even looks a little bit tight, I reserve the jumpseat....otherwise I'll just list myself S-3 non-rev.

As for the gate agents not even letting you try to jumpseat if a Delta pilot has the seat reserved.........ask the gate agent to point out the Delta pilot, and then go introduce yourself. Any pilot that won't give up the jumpseat to you (provided there is a seat in the back for him) is a class A jerk. I have given up the jumpseat numerous times for OAL pilots, and it is no hassle at all. I would just tell the agent that you are taking the jumpseat, and I'm going to sit in the back.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back