Delta new hire classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

michael707767

First new hire class is Feb 5. Second on Feb 20. Heard that the first batch of people getting interviews are pretty much all people who have worked at Delta before in some other capacity.

Good news! I think being in one of these first classes ( first few months) puts those pilots in a great position! ( minus any merger or other variables) Still great news for those hired! Congrats!

Last edited:
I understand that this past week was the first week of interviews. Can you tell me how many people were interviewed, how many were offered the conditional, which classes they chose, and how many slots per new-hire class in Feb 5th & 20th. Thanks and good luck to all those that got the call.

Interviewed 25 offered employment to 17 applicants before the medical and psyche.
Looking for 12-15 for the first class with 25 in the second. It is a good time to go there. There is a lot of growth that is going to come out after they exit.
Most are low time ASA fo's that cannot leave DAL.

waiting....

Congrats to all those who have been selected at Delta. Any chance that some of you would be willing to give an outline of the interview process. It would be greatly appreciated by those of us that are "waiting our turn" for the call.

First new hire class is Feb 5. Second on Feb 20. Heard that the first batch of people getting interviews are pretty much all people who have worked at Delta before in some other capacity.

Good news. Do you think most of these folks will be assigned to the MD-88/73N in NYC or ATL?:cool:

Interviewed 25 offered employment to 17 applicants before the medical and psyche.
Looking for 12-15 for the first class with 25 in the second. It is a good time to go there. There is a lot of growth that is going to come out after they exit.
Most are low time ASA fo's that cannot leave DAL.

Where did you get this, incorrect, information? The average flight time is over 5,000 hours with 4,000 turbine. This was posted straight from the Chief Pilots office and the pilot selection board.

Additional non posted information that I got from a conversation with a member of the board is that only 20% of applicants are military.

You can bet that a good many of the first new hires will have familiar last names, meaning legacies. That's just how the industry works.

Quite true. I did not mean to infer that all were. Yes, the average applicants are quite qualified. Most have what you say. What they are lacking is 1000 PIC turbine. You do not need that at DAL. That is what I am saying. Fact is that it is quite difficult to find a job out there when times get difficult with out that. DAL knows that with out it you cannot jump ship for the next best thing.
I know of at least 10 people that interviewed this week that were fo's with no more than a couple hundred hours of pic and most of that was in single engine aircraft.
Fact is that there were a few Airtran guys that got turned down. They were more than qualified. I have flown with them. Great guys with all the correct boxes checked. The did not make it past the first day, and it was not the test that got them. DAL is not looking for the same thing that it was in 01. Times have changed. Yes, most of the people that will get the nod are Legacies. That is great. It is one more change from the past. They should have first dibbs.

Latest resources

Back