• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta new hire classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quite true. I did not mean to infer that all were. Yes, the average applicants are quite qualified. Most have what you say. What they are lacking is 1000 PIC turbine. You do not need that at DAL. That is what I am saying. Fact is that it is quite difficult to find a job out there when times get difficult with out that. DAL knows that with out it you cannot jump ship for the next best thing.
I know of at least 10 people that interviewed this week that were fo's with no more than a couple hundred hours of pic and most of that was in single engine aircraft.
Fact is that there were a few Airtran guys that got turned down. They were more than qualified. I have flown with them. Great guys with all the correct boxes checked. The did not make it past the first day, and it was not the test that got them. DAL is not looking for the same thing that it was in 01. Times have changed. Yes, most of the people that will get the nod are Legacies. That is great. It is one more change from the past. They should have first dibbs.

Do you think I have a shot with 5 recs from Delta pilots. 2 retired, 1 CA, 2 FO's. I've been CA at a regional for 7 months, so about 600 PIC turbine. I know if I knew these people at CAL I would have already interviewed at CAL.

So what do you think, should I give it a try? Currently at NetJets, former ASA. I worked at Delta on the ramp and my father is a retired Delta pilot. Part of me wants to give it a go and the other part says no.

I've heard life's improved at NetJets. I still think there's more upside long term at Delta. You have Delta roots. If you want to live in Atlanta, I would definitely give Delta a shot.

So what do you think, should I give it a try? Currently at NetJets, former ASA. I worked at Delta on the ramp and my father is a retired Delta pilot. Part of me wants to give it a go and the other part says no.

I think you should spend a week in crashpad with humphries and pretend you're a reserve boy for ASA again, then decide.

Latest resources

Back