Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Mins = 1200?? Who is getting hired?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
qualifications are not a requirement in todays hiring.

it is all comes down to your birth right, either your the son or daughter of someone important or just born into an affirmative action group the HR department desires.

I know of two guys that got hired that weren't birth rights or affirmative action types. They are actually good guys that were already captains with lots of jet PIC time.

qualifications are not a requirement in todays hiring.

it is all comes down to your birth right, either your the son or daughter of someone important or just born into an affirmative action group the HR department desires.

I'm pretty sure DAL is one of the few airlines with the fairest hiring practices. They're affirmative action may extend to the interview offers, but I don't think anyone gets in the door without the qualifications (competitive) and having passed the battery of tests. I'm ok with that kind of affirmative action. It's when airlines hire the less qualified candidate that I think they step into the bounds of what UAL and CAL (now) are doing.

back to the original message, my LCP told me today they generally look at 2200 jet PIC as a minimum.

Odd since I've got the interview with 380 PIC 121, and 1300 PIC 135 (jet)..

I think it's fair to say, it's all over the map.. but for the most part, PIC turbine (about 1000 or more), and 3-5K hours.. for civilians.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this person also the winner of the WMU scholarship and has been in the Delta pipeline since zero hours? If so then she's been "interviewing" with Delta for a few years.... I would say this is a special case and wouldn't expect to see too many chick RJ pilots getting hired before their Captain's.

I know a female FO who got hired at CAL with 1005 hours, no turbine pic. It happens.

I know a female FO who got hired at CAL with 1005 hours, no turbine pic. It happens.

UAL hired a gal back in 1994 from the SJSU aviation program with 400.. Its sad that someone can think that it's fair to do this as a result of past discrimination, but then this is the spice of the word.. we all see what is "fair" in a different way.

I think the worse part about it for the rest of the women who are hired with good quals is that they're all pigeon holed and broad brushed with the stigma of these stories.

UAL hired a gal back in 1994 from the SJSU aviation program with 400.. Its sad that someone can think that it's fair to do this as a result of past discrimination, but then this is the spice of the word.. we all see what is "fair" in a different way.

I think the worse part about it for the rest of the women who are hired with good quals is that they're all pigeon holed and broad brushed with the stigma of these stories.

Good point, but there always a BIG difference between what is "qualified" and what is "competitive"

Was the 400 hour person qualified? Sure, buy UAL's definition of having 350 fixed wing PIC, sure they were. That is what they deem as being "qualified" to apply.

Were they competitive? Not only no, but FCUK NO!

I didn't get hired because of affirmiative action, I was the wrong color, race, sex, blah, blah, blah, fill in your favorite excuse.

The bottom line is that the overwhelming number of pilots hired will not be a part of any "minority" group, or a relative of a DAL pilot.

Stop wasting band width and time worrying about an underwhelming number of candidates who you perceive get an advantage and spend your time and effort getting your own applications in order.

I didn't get hired because of affirmiative action, I was the wrong color, race, sex, blah, blah, blah, fill in your favorite excuse.

The bottom line is that the overwhelming number of pilots hired will not be a part of any "minority" group, or a relative of a DAL pilot.

Stop wasting band width and time worrying about an underwhelming number of candidates who you perceive get an advantage and spend your time and effort getting your own applications in order.

well said....I must agree that one should worry about getting their own foot in the door and not why the other guy or gal was hired. Complaining about it sure wont get anyone hired.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back