• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta, Mesa, and the great RFP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And CHQ/S5 is loosing 15 E135's. In addition to 3% of the remaining 40 jet (E145/E170). So, Chq looses out on the RFP.

And the big winner is? SkyWest! my bet. Hope the Comair boys can keep their flying and gets some growth even.

I believe the 3% is a reduction of what Delta will be paying CHQ/SA for those planes, not a further 3% reduction of aircraft.

No surprise to some of us..... The sad fact is, it isn't Skywest that is the problem. There are several ALPA carriers who are cheaper than Skywest. Many want to blame the Skywest pilots because they don't give up 1.95% of their paycheck to Herndon, but much of the downward pressure is actually coming from ALPA carriers. I guess we "are taking it back".....

By the way, MESA's rates are less than either ASA or Skywest. In fact, the MESA 900 FO rate is less than the current ASA 50 seat FO rate. Is it Skywest that is putting pressure on us, or is it ALPA negotiated rates that are putting the pressure on us? Maybe it is time to lay off blaiming the Skywest pilots for our problems and start to ask our bargaining agent some tough questions....

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's Johnny!
B1tching again about ALPA? What else is new! Hey Johnny boy, if you're so unhappy with ALPA, QUIT! Stop paying union dues and go into bad standing!
Why not, you're already worse than a scab! Maybe you forgot that ALPA is made up of YOU! Yes John, you and everyone else that flies for an ALPA carrier. MESA voted in their payrates, just like you did when ASA voted in theirs.....Just like DL did when we took our concessions. Want somebody to blame? Look no further than the mirror!
I'd like to know, when you have that FAA LOI, who are you going to call, the rjdc or ALPA?

I would stop paying dues, but unfortunately I helped to negotiate for agency shop in our current contract..... what a mistake that was. It is ALPA negotiated rates at MESA, NWA/Compass, and USAir/MidAtlantic that are puting downward pressure on us, not Skywest. Meanwhile the President of ALPA makes over $400,000 per year while the membership suffers and sends money in... ALPA is as corrupt as management, the only difference is I'm not paying management to represent my interests.... If anyone should be pi$$ed, it should be you. Those are former DAL mainline routes that are being flown for much less than even your concessionary agreement. When are we going to stand together... oh never mind, I know the answer.... NEVER....

Latest resources

Back