Delta management at its finest...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

astroglider

In what can only be assumed to be another attempt to rebuild sagging employee morale, on April 5, Delta executives announced another forward-thinking campaign. Dubbed "Delta After Dark," management will kick off its first "Clean Day" volunteer effort on April 19. In essence, Delta employees are being asked to volunteer to come in on their own time and without pay and clean aircraft remaining overnight. While we applaud the Delta spirit of those who choose to volunteer, it is ironic that a senior management that has spent millions on $1000/hour consultants to lower employee costs now attempts to reach out by asking employees to work for free. On a bright note, volunteers will get a free t-shirt-maybe something like "My Company Went To Chapter 11, and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt?" We're assuming many of Delta's consultants will participate, since their 25 year old "I Saved Eastern" t-shirts must be getting a little threadbare.

One of the "Clean Day" listed opportunities is to "Clean work spaces to set a baseline for a clean, organized work space." Ironically, due to the continued intransigence by Delta's senior executives to provide closure on the major issues that separate us, your MEC now must ask for a similar effort from you.
Effective immediately, you are asked to remove all your personal items from any and all company workspaces. This includes v-files, lockers, commuter rooms and any other areas that may contain personal items. If our contract is rejected, we will strike. If your personal items remain on company property after a strike begins, there is no guarantee that you will be able to recover your property. This effort is not "for show." Please remove all your personal property from the Delta premises as soon as possible, but no later than April 14.
Additionally, for those with lockers, please remove your personal lock and leave your locker door wide open. This will provide a visual reminder that our threat to strike is real, and that we may not return.
Finally, you should soon receive a DVD in the mail based on Delta senior management's February 28 "Town Hall Meeting." The information that matters most to us has already been presented in a different venue known as the 1113 hearings-where questions were answered under oath! A clean work space at home is every bit as important as a clean work space at work. Please bring this DVD with you the next time you come to the airport. The LEC Reps will be spending time in the lounges and will be happy to return the disk to management for you.
Please do not delay in accomplishing these efforts. It may be only a matter of days to a decision on management's ill-advised efforts to reject our contract.

Why does the previous post say that empying out your locker is not for show, but follow that with, "Additionally, for those with lockers, please remove your personal lock and leave your locker door wide open. This will provide a visual reminder that our threat to strike is real, and that we may not return."

Maybe Delta should call it the "your chance to get ready for your JetBlue interview" day.

:D

Down, down, blue boys, you know I love ya. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a funny.

BTW, I clean and cross belts when I have time, just like a JetBlue pilot.

enigma

astroglider said:
Please remove all your personal property from the Delta premises as soon as possible, but no later than April 14.

Why April 14th? Is that when they are expecting mgt to throw out the contract.​

ACAFool said:
I believe that, that is the deadline for the judge's decision. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Why not?

ACAFool said:
Friday April 14th, start your vacation/spring break/Easter week off right by pissing-off Delta's passengers with a strike. Or the threat of a strike on that day will make management think twice about shafting the pilots again and not pissing-off the thousands of loyal Delta passengers.

I think it is perfect timing! Don't back down boys!

Management needs something to do.... Since they are not running the airline.

And soon may not have an airline to run.

astroglider said:
In what can only be assumed to be another attempt to rebuild sagging employee morale, on April 5, Delta executives announced another forward-thinking campaign. Dubbed "Delta After Dark," management will kick off its first "Clean Day" volunteer effort on April 19. In essence, Delta employees are being asked to volunteer to come in on their own time and without pay and clean aircraft remaining overnight. While we applaud the Delta spirit of those who choose to volunteer, it is ironic that a senior management that has spent millions on $1000/hour consultants to lower employee costs now attempts to reach out by asking employees to work for free.

Rebuild sagging morale?Do they think you guys are chumps? Ever try to sell off or get rid of a used car that wasn't cleaned up?

I think a better idea is to offer $5 a ticket for those passengers who stay behind and help clean. Maybe a bake sale might help.

Latest resources

Back