• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

waveflyer

They're good at finding that little girls cute roller, but not a dog-
http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/11/travel/delta-lost-dog-frank-ramano/index.html

A rash of lost dogs in 2010 led to increased media attention then
Apparently the problem isn't solved yet.
If you're a dog lover like me and our family, this is nuts. But makes it more understandable why SWA doesn't accept them. For us, it's a small jump down from losing one of our children. There's got to be a way to take care of them better, and still serve families like ours that want to travel with their dogs.
-----////////////
Update: In December 2010, Delta lost yet another dog. This time, a German Shepherd mix named Nala was being flown to Germany. During her layover in Atlanta, the airlines called the owner, saying she was trying to break out of her crate so they wanted to keep her overnight. The next day, they suddenly couldn't find the owner's number once Nala escaped. She was found dead along the highway about a week later. "It is really hard for me to believe their story," said the owner. But, like the others, she hasn't been able to receive any answers from Delta.

Update: In November 2010, more problems were reported with Delta transporting dogs. While flying a family's two dogs from Germany to Washington state, via Atlanta, one died en route and the other was "misrouted" several times before finally being reunited with her family.

The fact that Delta could so egregiously mishandle a dog after the loss of her companion and all the publicity around the other cases of incompetent animal transport shows that they are not committed to safe pet travel. Delta Airlines needs to investigate these cases, as well as conduct a review to update their policies and procedures around animal transport.

In May 2010, Delta Airlines lost a dog who had been rescued in Mexico and was on his way to his new home in Canada. After giving the owners the run-around, they refunded the pet fee in the form of a $200 voucher. After public outrage, they offered more airline vouchers and reimbursement for what the couple had spent on vet care in Mexico. The dog has not been found, and Delta hasn't offered help to the rescue groups on-the-ground who are still looking for him.

In June 2010, a week after sending two kids to the wrong cities, they flew a puppy to California who was supposed to be headed for Maine. Again, Delta has not been forthcoming with information on what happened, whether the puppy - who was diagnosed by a vet with dehydration and pneumonia - received any care or attention from staff, how the mistake happened, and whether they'll compensate the owner in any reasonable way.

Is that better than "Southwest loses pressurization?"

updated 3:35 PM EST 11.14.13
Passengers quote pilot: 'We're going down'
By Chuck Johnston and Kait Richmond, CNN

Did pilot say plane was going down?

(CNN) - As his plane made a rapid descent to normalize cabin pressure, a Southwest Airlines pilot went on the plane's loudspeaker and apparently told passengers the aircraft was going down.

"At first it sounded like someone was coming over the PA to talk. Then it sounded like shots through the cabin, twice, back to back," passenger Grace Stroud told CNN. "Seconds later, the panicked captain said, 'We're in trouble; we're going down.'"

The flight attendants then began securing the bins, she told "CNN Newsroom" in a separate interview. One told the captain to deploy the oxygen masks.

"I'm sure everybody went through their private moments," Stroud said. "My moment was, 'OK, so this is how I'm going to die,' and 'At least it will be quick.'"

Another passenger, Shelley Wills, told CNN affiliate WTVD that the pilot made the remarks as the plane went into a nosedive when it neared the Raleigh-Durham International Airport.

"He said, 'We're going down.' And everyone is looking around like, 'Is this a joke? Is he serious?' And then you felt the nosedive."

Soon after, the Boeing 737 leveled out and made an emergency landing at the Raleigh airport.

I'm glad your airline never "loses" anything....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Delta losing another dog ain't all that bad if it were Jenny's mama. At least no more Jennys would be popping out of her mom's vagina!

Delta losing another dog ain't all that bad if it were Jenny's mama. At least no more Jennys would be popping out of her mom's vagina!

Wow, you are getting mad and gross, Shaun. You don't handle frustration well.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Dude, from one troll to another- do you HAVE troll so fast?
If you look at what I wrote, I critique SwA for not taking dogs that can't fit in the cabin at all-
Plus, I'd put some blame on the owner for the quality of the crate

There you go though, full defensive deflection.

Get one thing straight GL- I do not bash delta for anything other than outsourcing. On that I pull no punches-
This, as a dog person, just got to me as Id love to see SwA carry dogs. Too often those animals just aren't cared for though- and for the amount that is charged they ought to be.

Dude, from one troll to another- do you HAVE troll so fast?
If you look at what I wrote, I critique SwA for not taking dogs that can't fit in the cabin at all-
Plus, I'd put some blame on the owner for the quality of the crate

There you go though, full defensive deflection.

Get one thing straight GL- I do not bash delta for anything other than outsourcing. On that I pull no punches-
This, as a dog person, just got to me as Id love to see SwA carry dogs. Too often those animals just aren't cared for though- and for the amount that is charged they ought to be.

Thanks Wave, but the title was ridiculous, and that's why I added a similar one. I would bet DL doesn't lose Dogs often, just like SWA doesn't have planes that lose pressure often. Get it? Got it? Good. Your title directly caused my post.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yeah, it's exactly the same :rolleyes:

You are some kind of special Ed dude

How about addressing the article since you HAVE to comment

Last edited:
Yeah, it's exactly the same :rolleyes:

You are some kind of special Ed dude

How about addressing the article since you HAVE to comment

Great salacious title in the thread. Things happen everyday on ramps everywhere. I really hope things like that never happen again, and I hope you guys never have a loss of pressurization again. Good luck Wavey.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back