• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Loses 300 Million for January

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Atlanta-based Delta has said it needs about $3 billion in revenue increases and cost savings to survive and exit bankruptcy".

Last edited:
At least they're on time. :)

Delta said on Thursday it had $2.1 billion of unrestricted cash on its balance sheet, up from $2 billion at the end of the last quarter.
But seriously, it sounds to me like they made 100 million dollars in January.

Last edited:
Dizel8,

I believe that is the end total. They have gotten a lot of that, not an extra $3 billion. And United was practically given $3 billion (even though it asked for $2.5 Billion). There are plenty of billionares that want to become millionares.

And, notice the unrestriced cash on hand rose from $2 billion last quarter to $2.1 billion now. Cash on hand is all that matters.

Bye Bye--General Lee

75M said:
At least they're on time. :)

I agree with you. That was really stupid of them to tote that when everything else was bad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
And, notice the unrestriced cash on hand rose from $2 billion last quarter to $2.1 billion now. Cash on hand is all that matters.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Agreed! Figures lie and liars figure!

737 Pylt said:
Agreed! Figures lie and liars figure!

You beat me to the punch, don't you love Enron accounting. We had an operating profit, lost 620 million for the 4th quarter, but increased our cash position by almost 400 million. Neat stuff.

Since many of us pilots are not inclined to believe much on the quality of accident reporting the news gives, what makes you think they are any better at reporting the financials.

AA

Since many of us pilots are not inclined to believe much on the quality of accident reporting the news gives, what makes you think they are any better at reporting the financials.
Amen.

As others have correctly pointed out, an increased cash balance (or a snapshot thereof) means nothing without a total breakdown and forensic audit of the balance sheet.

The accountants could be crediting payments for sold seats on future flights, sold assets that haven't left the property, payments on account for??? etc. etc. The list is endless and is easily manipulated to show the best possible scenario for a given situation at a given point in time.

Best of luck to the pilots at Delta. I have been in your shoes and it is a sickening feeling. All I can say is keep your chin up and never let this industry affect your health or your family.

In the end, those are the most important things in life.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back