• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta looking at 24-30 more narrowbody orders? Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those jets are replacement aircraft. RA will shrink you untill you fit. Nice and tight, like a rubber glove.

I LOVE ALL OF YOU. Don't forget it, YOU ARE ALL AWESOME! PEACE BROS!

Really?

Sure. I will still give my opinions, and some may not be popular, but I'll try to leave the jabs out of it.

Bye Bye---General Lee. ;)

Ok back to the Delta Narrow Body orders, 24-30 more A/C!

Sounds like they are going after Hawaiians 717's, that and those couple that are left parked elsewhere. I'm sure Hawaiian would love to move them especially since they are currently moving them to the mainland for d checks (I think they were going to Miami at one time) a EMB product could do the same flying for much less or for that case, a Q-400 would be a much better aircraft for interisland flying. With the 321 neos coming it would keep the mainline jobs. I think there was something in the last Hawaiian contract about Scope/Mainline pilots Flying/regional feed but Dan Roman will have to fill us in which I'm sure he will.
Later,
KBB

Sounds like they are going after Hawaiians 717's, that and those couple that are left parked elsewhere. I'm sure Hawaiian would love to move them especially since they are currently moving them to the mainland for d checks (I think they were going to Miami at one time) a EMB product could do the same flying for much less or for that case, a Q-400 would be a much better aircraft for interisland flying. With the 321 neos coming it would keep the mainline jobs. I think there was something in the last Hawaiian contract about Scope/Mainline pilots Flying/regional feed but Dan Roman will have to fill us in which I'm sure he will.
Later,
KBB

Wait, what? Where do you come up with that? The 24-30 new planes are supposedly either 737s or A320s. There are a couple other airlines that still have 717s also (Blue1 and Volotea I believe) besides Hawaiian, and I haven't seen anything about them wanting to dump their inter island 717s.

The apparent reason DL wants a deal is to get new planes just before the manufactures switch their production lines to the NEO lines(cheaper$$$), and to get a possible deal that also takes more 50 seaters off their hands. Sounds pretty smart.... Cheaper planes and trade in used RJs.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Later,
KBB

Dan or someone more in tune with the contract would definitely know. But IMO there are way too many holes in your theory that seem to go against #1) Our contract, and #2) Our operation.....

Bent summed it up fine. The HA 717's are all committed to 2020, the NEO's will only supplement inter-island during the mid day rush when our 717's cannot keep up with current demand. We are currently turning away inter-island business during the mid day rush (your welcome Go!). That said KBB, the large ATR's are ideally suited for the short stage lengths, but the traffic is too heavy inter-island, so a jet is needed. It wasn't that long ago that 3 of the top 10 heaviest traveled routes in the U.S. were inter-island. Could be an Emb someday, but not before 2020.

I wonder if RA is a cheap date, like I wonder when he takes his wife out if he asks for yesterdays left over food to save some money. All joking aside when you look at the deals Delta makes and has made, they are def. leading the pack as far as being forward thinking. United and American are going with all new planes where as delta will pick up planes wherever they can for cheap. This Pinnacle Situation has me scratching my head. I would love to see the long term plan for pinnacle. In my opinion, delta pilots have held the line on scope with their current 3 year deal. The most important scope negotiations ever will take place on Delta's 2015 contract. Pinnacle will be a wholly owned carrier of delta, delta will be making tons of money, and im sure the purchase of pinnacle is a strategic move of delta management for those negotiations. B Scale management proposal anyone????????

Latest resources

Back