• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta liquidity hampered by $750m deposit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The BK rules change Oct 1st. I don't know all the details of the changes but from what I gather it would benefit Delta to file before Oct 1st to enable the old rules to apply. Otherwise Chapter 7 will come soon after Chapter 11.

UAL is benefiting from the old rules right now!

<<"Delta is viewed as the weakest of the six US legacy carriers, which have faced intensifying competition from low-cost rivals">>

Way to turn the company around!

Halo_RJdriver said:
The BK rules change Oct 1st. I don't know all the details of the changes but from what I gather it would benefit Delta to file before Oct 1st to enable the old rules to apply. Otherwise Chapter 7 will come soon after Chapter 11.

Agreed, they would benefit by filing under current rules, but it looks like the new law starts Oct 17th

http://yahoo.smartmoney.com/onedaywonder/index.cfm?story=20050812&afl=yahoo

"Among the many factors dimming the airline's hopes for recovery are an oil market that adds $130 million to Delta's fuel costs for every 10-cent-a-barrel price increase; the continuing erosion of its $2 billion and dropping cash reserves; and the looming implementation of more stringent bankruptcy laws on Oct. 17."

Halo_RJdriver said:

Old rules = stay in BK as long as you can keep getting a judge to give you extensions (like TWA for, like, 7 years?)

New rules = 2 years, max. Or 1 1/2. Fixed amount of time, anyway.

Latest resources

Back