Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

another cfii

Hi,

I was trying to JS on delta couple days ago, and the gate agent denied me boarding because she said there can be only one jumpseater (offline) anytime on any delta flight. Supervisor showed up and still the same. Is it true? I've JS many times with multiple offliner on 737-700. I thought the policy is that they can take as many as the number of JS installed in the a/c. I even talked to some DL CA and some differs than others. If anyone knows the official story, please let me know.

Thanks.

Whats the difference between a terrorist and a gate agent?

You can negotiate with the terrorist.

Anyway, yes I believe DAL is just taking how ever many jumpseats there are on the aircraft... stupid policy. I think some of the 737's have 1 and others have 2... but I am not sure.

The supervisor even brought a few cops, i guess i've really outdoned myself last time:) I've heard that it happens more often in SLC more than other places DL flies into. I guess they're more uptight, perhaps??

It's one per jumpseat on mainline, as many as there are open seats on most of the DCI carriers.

If you don't antagonize the gate agent, I've seen them ask the jumpseater to switch to non-rev status if there are available seats, which will open the jumpseat for you. You might consider politely inquiring about this.

The two years I was with Comair (not exactly mainline's favorite DCI carrier) I never had a problem and was always graciously welcomed.

I even had a CVG gate agent ask a Captain to open the closed cabin door, after the jetway had been pulled back, and he did it, knowing that I flew for Comair. The gate agent did this even though I asked him not to (I absolutely didn't want to delay the flight just to get home).

I was probably just lucky, but sometimes you make your own luck.

I jumpseated yesterday on Delta, SFO-SLC-MSP and that's what they told me too; only one jumpseater. In SLC the gate agent was super nice and put me in first class to go to MSP! :D

Buck

i jumpseated on DL to Sao Paolo a month ago and when I got to the gate, they said that DL had a new procedure that you have to be on some list 75 minutes prior or you are out of luck. Being that the gate agents showed up 70 minutes prior, they said i was out of luck...Luckly when the looked, aparently the agent put me on the list when I paid my taxes...Do any of you guys know what list they are talking about and if any agent can put me on? And also, how far in advance can they list you?

I tried to JS to Costa Rica last month, and the gate agent told me I had to list and be approved 72 hours in advance. What a d!ck, he had no idea what the he!! he was talking about. It screwed my trip up, but I still had a great time.

Latest resources

Back