• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cargoflyr69

V-Dub for Life
To the General or any other DL pilot that can help,

I'm a NWA guy trying to figure out displacement verbage in the new contract. Can someone point me to the section that deals with my following question. I've already contacted NALPA and they do not know and DALPA will not return my phone calls :(

Question 1: If I am a MSP 747 cargo pilot and the MSP base is closed (ANC remains open) am I forced to ANC or can I bid to something my seniorty can hold in MSP even if that means displacing someone else?

Question 2: If the 747 freighters are retired all together will I be able to bump someone in another fleet out of MSP so I can stay in that base, or will I have to bid my seniority across the system for a new seat?

In general, with displacements are there bumping rights or must you bid something off the AE award vacancy thing?

Thanks!

Question 1: If I am a MSP 747 cargo pilot and the MSP base is closed (ANC remains open) am I forced to ANC or can I bid to something my seniorty can hold in MSP even if that means displacing someone else?

Question 2: If the 747 freighters are retired all together will I be able to bump someone in another fleet out of MSP so I can stay in that base, or will I have to bid my seniority across the system for a new seat?

In general, with displacements are there bumping rights or must you bid something off the AE award vacancy thing?

Thanks!

Section 22 covers the filling of vacancies.

Here's a couple of excerpts that may answer your question concerning mandatory displacements (MD).

13. A pilot who holds an MD may displace a pilot in any category who is junior to him and who was in such category on the award date of his MD.

14. A pilot whose standing bid does not contain sufficient MD preferences as of the closing date and time of the posting and is displaced will be assigned the next lower position at his base. If such pilot lacks sufficient seniority to hold a lower position at his base, he will, at Company option, be assigned into any position at another base that his seniority would permit him to hold.

To the General or any other DL pilot that can help,

I'm a NWA guy trying to figure out displacement verbage in the new contract. Can someone point me to the section that deals with my following question. I've already contacted NALPA and they do not know and DALPA will not return my phone calls :(

Thanks!

The way I see it if you are mandatorily displaced, you can bid anything other than the 777 (for 5 years) that you can currently hold. If you have people below you in seniority holding other equipment at any DL base, you can bump them. That is the way it goes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General is correct if the displacement happens after SOC. If before SOC then you can bump anyone in any base that your seniority holds on the NW side only. Meaning that if you hold 757 MSP even with no opening then you will bump the most jr pilot on the 757 in MSP who then could displace the A320 most jr guy to DC 9 etc. There doesn't have to be an opening just someone jr. (f

From what I was reading in the award, even after SOC, a former DL pilot cannot bump a junior NWA pilot and vice versa.

It was in the same section as the fencing of the widebodies.

I sure hope you are right. Can anyone confirm?

I looked at it again... I could have sworn there was something else in there like what I talked about.

What I was able to find was that says that there can be no displacements caused by the implementation of the award, the fences, or the expiration of the fences.

I'll keep looking...

Peanuckle:

I think all bets are off when it comes to moving A320's to ATL, or 767's to DTW. Those will be new categories and during the shift there will be reductions from the cities where these airplanes are currently based.

Even if a displaced FNWA pilot does not directly bump a Delta pilot, their super seniority will result in their ability to successfully bid the desired equipment and bases.

Latest resources

Back