• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DELTA JEDC memo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't there something about buying your primary residence as a reason to pull out as well?

I don't want to get furloughed but the furlough clause might just come in handy..... I'll get my Delta stock cash in hand, Captain a brand new jet, look at young(er) flight attendants all while my longevity keeps on ticking at Big D. Just looking at the bright side if it comes to pass....

Could be...I didn't ask.

You can take it out any time you want. You'll pay tax on it plus a 10% penalty. But you CAN take it out. The 10% penalty is even tax deductible.

You can take it out any time you want. You'll pay tax on it plus a 10% penalty. But you CAN take it out. The 10% penalty is even tax deductible.

Not according to Fidelity. The only money you can take out is what you, not the employer, put in and what you have earned on that money. It was set up this way by Delta. The NW plan may be different.

I don't want to get furloughed but the furlough clause might just come in handy..... I'll get my Delta stock cash in hand, Captain a brand new jet, look at young(er) flight attendants all while my longevity keeps on ticking at Big D. Just looking at the bright side if it comes to pass....

You'll have to answer some things for me, please:

Captain a brand new jet

Where, Compass? If Delta furloughed 1000 pilots, only 160 of them would hold Compass captain, and 120 of those would be awarded 11-12 days off. The average days off at Compass is between 12.0 and 12.5, I say again, the average of all 320 pilots there is within that range.

look at young(er) flight attendants

Again: where, Compass?

Not trying to pick a fight here but it seems a reality check is in order.

Not according to Fidelity. The only money you can take out is what you, not the employer, put in and what you have earned on that money. It was set up this way by Delta. The NW plan may be different.
No, you are correct. It depends on the plan (employer) when it comes to withdrawing employer contributions, which this equity share will be. I was speaking more generically about money in your 401k in general. Generally speaking (don't know the DAL specifics) you can withdraw the money that you contributed, plus earnings. If a DAL pilot really wants to get their hands on the $ from this equity distribution (after it actually happens of course...whenever that may be) they could simply take out an equivalent amount from the 401k, assuming they had at least that much in there from their own contributions. They would pay tax plus 10% penalty but would have effectively taken out the value of their equity distribution.

No, you are correct. It depends on the plan (employer) when it comes to withdrawing employer contributions, which this equity share will be. I was speaking more generically about money in your 401k in general. Generally speaking (don't know the DAL specifics) you can withdraw the money that you contributed, plus earnings. If a DAL pilot really wants to get their hands on the $ from this equity distribution (after it actually happens of course...whenever that may be) they could simply take out an equivalent amount from the 401k, assuming they had at least that much in there from their own contributions. They would pay tax plus 10% penalty but would have effectively taken out the value of their equity distribution.

I don't think you pay a penalty on your own contributions, just the interest that those contributions may have earned. Of course you have to pay taxes on all of it, but I think the 10% only applies to the growth of your contributions. Could be wrong though. At Delta you can't touch the employer contributions until you retire, quit, or get fired.

You'll have to answer some things for me, please:

Captain a brand new jet

Where, Compass? If Delta furloughed 1000 pilots, only 160 of them would hold Compass captain, and 120 of those would be awarded 11-12 days off. The average days off at Compass is between 12.0 and 12.5, I say again, the average of all 320 pilots there is within that range.

look at young(er) flight attendants

Again: where, Compass?

Not trying to pick a fight here but it seems a reality check is in order.

Actually, its a mentality check. clippyrip is a moron, hence:

This message is hidden because clippyrip is on your *********************************** list.
Unfortunately when you quote the idiot, I can see what he's saying.
By the way, he's a PFE (permanent flight engineer).

Actually, its a mentality check. clippyrip is a moron, hence:

Unfortunately when you quote the idiot, I can see what he's saying.
By the way, he's a PFE (permanent flight engineer).

I know clippyrip. He's not a PFE. He just chooses to be a flight engineer to be based in ANC.

Latest resources

Back