Delta interviewing soon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Excellent news.

At my age (mid 40's), I'm not really interested in being at the bottom of the list as an FO for the rest of my career, but for some of the younger pilots here it's a great opportunity.

That is a classic RJDC statement. Thanks for that. That is why you guys want larger planes too---so you don't have to interview, you can keep weekends off, and you can keep your vacation. Take a chance old man! (I'm 42)

Bye Bye--General Lee

That would probably make a lot more sense if I still worked at a regional, General. As it is, I am employed by AirTran and am quite happy there. Why the hell would I want to start over somewhere else where I wouldn't have a chance to upgrade until near my retirement?

Honestly, GL, what is your problem? I make a simple post saying that it is excellent news and a great opportunity for some of the pilots younger than me looking to move up in their career, and you respond by insulting me and dragging in a bunch of RJDC nonsense. :rolleyes:

If I may ask, when and where did you hear this?

About three weeks ago when I was in recurrent, my instructor told me that they had a meeting with flight ops management and were told to expect new hires this spring. Then, about a week ago I flew with a guy who is on the membership committee at DALPA, he got more specific and told me the process had been finalized, the new hire coordinator (not Plato anymore, a former SLC Ch Pilot) was in place and interviewing would start in early 07. Then today, I was there when one of the ATL Ch pilots was telling us that a bunch of letters have been sent out for recalls, they are very close to the end of the list, and that they will start accepting applications soon and interviewing in Jan/Feb. Using an application service. I think we used UPAS in the past but that was not the one this time. Forget the name of the application service.

That would probably make a lot more sense if I still worked at a regional, General. As it is, I am employed by AirTran and am quite happy there. Why the hell would I want to start over somewhere else where I wouldn't have a chance to upgrade until near my retirement?

Honestly, GL, what is your problem? I make a simple post saying that it is excellent news and a great opportunity for some of the pilots younger than me looking to move up in their career, and you respond by insulting me and dragging in a bunch of RJDC nonsense. :rolleyes:

At age 42, I would stay at Airtran. You would not see captain at Delta for a long time. I have eight years with the big D and would leave tomorrow for FedEx/UPS. The only people I could see wanting to come to Delta would be young guys with pic time that can risk being furloughed in the near future. Just my 3 cents.

Is Playdoh Rine still in charge of hiring?

That's Plato Rhyne, a true Southern gentleman and an all around great guy. It's too bad that he won't be back.....Delta could sure use his expertise, and judgement of character.

Did someone mention a former SLC CP might be heading this up? Jimmy Stava, by any chance?

At age 42, I would stay at Airtran. You would not see captain at Delta for a long time. I have eight years with the big D and would leave tomorrow for FedEx/UPS. The only people I could see wanting to come to Delta would be young guys with pic time that can risk being furloughed in the near future. Just my 3 cents.
That was exactly my point. It was in no way intended as a slam at Delta, just an acknowledgement that I am a bit old to be starting over again.

That's Plato Rhyne, a true Southern gentleman and an all around great guy. It's too bad that he won't be back.....Delta could sure use his expertise, and judgement of character.

Did someone mention a former SLC CP might be heading this up? Jimmy Stava, by any chance?

Or Noah?

any idea what mins will be when they start hiring?
I'm willing to bet that competative mins will be well over 5k and at least 1k turbine PIC. But I'm with ya, I'd like to know what the minimums are to at least get an app on file....

Latest resources

Back