Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ohh Porterhouse

Yes yes winter rules
Anybody know if with all this merger stuff if Big D will be doing any hiring? If so anyone know what their requirements are?

Thanks in advance

I expect there will be some hiring at DL as the merger progresses and all OCC functions move to ATL as the senior NW dispatchers retire and maintain their residences in the MSP area, but I could be wrong.

Have a friend that works for Big D in Hotlanta. He said that his best guess was middle/late 2009 IF the seniority list is "correctly" put together. From what he's heard, several of the senior NWA dxrs may retire rather than move to Hotlanta. Wait and see.

I would concur with what your friend says. I've heard # north of 15 that are rumored to not want to make the move down to Hotlanta...

Requirements - pass their screening test for one...

S5,
Probably want have an answer until the two groups have one Seniority list...after that, who knows?

Dispatchers reach agreement on seniority integration and alignment of pay and work rules

December 11, 2008.

Delta and the leadership of the Professional Airline Flight Control Association, representing pre-merger Delta dispatchers, and the Transport Workers Union, representing pre-merger Northwest dispatchers, have reached agreement on pay and work rules covering the combined workgroup. The parties also agreed on a merged seniority list that will become effective if PAFCA and TWU members ratify the joint agreement.

"We're very pleased with yet another example of the success that can result from working together to quickly resolve those issues that are most important to our employees," said Neil Stronach, s.v.p.-Operations Control.

If they are ratified, the new pay and work rules, along with the merged seniority list, will become effective Jan. 1 and the agreement would become amendable at the end of 2013.

"It's clear that PAFCA and TWU understand the value of alleviating their members' anxiety about seniority integration and aligning pay and benefits and I applaud their leadership," said Mike Campbell, e.v.p.-Human Resources and Labor Relations. "Expediting this process – even though representation issues have not been resolved – is appropriate and feasible as demonstrated by the two employee groups."

"During the course of the integration it is our goal to continue to work together to make sure this integration is successful, ultimately providing our members the security and the financial benefits that come from working for a profitable company," said Delta PAFCA President Kevin Thompson and TWU Local 543 President Perry Sprague in a joint memo to their members.

Why would they vote PAFCA? I dont know much about PAFCA and Im not a big fan of the TWU but TWU does have the better pay between the two.

Latest resources

Back