Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetflyer

Concerned Citizen
Delta, of course, has a grievance filed against the Delta connection carriers saying that they are violating the Scope agreement.

If Delta wins their grievance, how will this affect Comair, ASA, ACA, and Skywest?

Also what are your opinions on what the outcome will be?

I'm wondering because I'm waiting for a Comair class, so I'm really more interested with how it will affect Comair.

Thanks,
Jet

jetflyer....

The grievance that you're referring to is not against Delta Connection...it's against Delta Mainline management. It has to do with mgmt disregarding parts of the contract (including, among other things, the amount of Rj's that can be flown as compared to mainline hours) because of the attacks of 9/11.

A ruling on the first grievance, which deals with the ability of the company to furlough because of 9/11, should come down in April....whichever way it goes, it will be interesting to see how things unfold these next several months/years.

Abe44

Thanks for clearing that up. If Delta wins wouldn't the regionals have to stop expanding with the RJs right now?

How long until the grievance would be resolved? You said April 11th, but I'm guessing it will be in the courts for a very long time.
Jet

jetflyer,

This first grievance, which I think just deals with the furlough issue, will be resolved one way or the other next month. It will set the tone for the other RJ related grievance that is in the early stages....basically they both are about the same thing and that is the ability of the company to toss the pilot contract out the window solely because of 9/11.

I'm not an authority on any of this, and these details may not be right on, but this is what I've been able to find out from guys who know about the situation.

Abe44

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back