• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta "Green Slip/Trip" pay...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I remember post 911 a Delta 76 captain bragging about a $400k W2 after picking up every green slip he could for a year. Delta had the force majure in effect with guys on the street and this guy was flying a 120 hours a month in pay or more.

Sadly we had a lot of guys doing that.

I never flew a greenslip until TK was back on property.

Type: WS
Applies to: REG only
Pay:
•Pay and credit up to ALV+15
Obligation:
•Report within 3 hrs = proffer and same report as SC
•Same day = proffer
•Next day = obligated to fly
•Beyond next day = obligated, CS not required to notify

Type: YS
Applies to: RES only
Pay:
Pay and credit up to ALV+15 (X-days are forfeited). Can also lower RAW and volunteer for SC
Obligation:
•Report within 12 hrs = proffer.
•Report beyond 12 hrs = obligated

Type: GS
Applies to: REG and RES
Pay: • REG = (Double pay above ALV/75hrs.) Single pay and credit for that portion that brings him to the lesser of ALV/75hrs. Double pay, no credit for that portion that exceeds the lesser of ALV/75hrs. • RES = (On X-days – single pay above guarantee.) Single pay and credit for portion flown on on-call days (towards 70hrs). Single pay, no credit for portion flown on X-days or after credit = 70hrs (above guarantee.) X-days compensated.
Obligation: Obligated if he is notified and acknowledges. Always same day/next day

Type: GSWC
Pay: (Paid for both) Single pay and credit for removed rotation, single pay no credit for GSWC rotation.
Obligation: Same as GS

Type: IA
Applies to: REG and RES
Pay: •REG = (Double pay.) Double pay, no credit. •RES = (On X-days – single pay above guarantee.) Single pay and credit for portion flown on his on-call days (towards 70hrs.) Single pay, no credit for portion flown on his X-days (above guarantee.) X-days compensated.
Obligation: Not absolute (see WSC.)

Type: IAWC
Pay: (Paid for both.) Single pay and credit for removed rotation. Single pay, no credit for IAWC rotation.
Obligation: Same as IA.

That post made a total of 0% sense.

That post made a total of 0% sense.

WS = White Slip
GS = Green Slip
YS = Yellow Slip
IA = Inverse Assignment
..WC = ..... With Conflict
REG = Regular Lineholder
RES = Reserve pilot
ALV = Average Line Value
CS = Crew Scheduling

There's guys like that at every airline.

I said "um, you know we got 900 guys on furlough, right?", and he said "I don't care about that".

Other wise known as "Pull up the ladder, I got mine."

Those guys make me puke.

Sadly we had a lot of guys doing that.

I never flew a greenslip until TK was back on property.

So, even as pilots were out on involuntary furlough, you started picking up premium time?

There was a NYC 767 ER F/O who claimed to get 169 hours of pay last month...

BTW, regarding green slips. They ARE awarded in seniority order to those legal to fly the trip AND put a request in to get one. But, when numerous bubbas have requests in, the #1 guy will not get his second greenie for the month if someone junior to him is legal, has a request in and still hasn't gotten his first.

It isn't alwys perfect; the #1 guy could get a call out at 8AM to do a JFK-ATL turn at 2x 5:15. An hour later an IROP occurs and the next guy in line may end up with a much higher paying green slip. (It could work the other way around though).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back