• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta given eviction notice at Love Field

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to ask this question. If Delta really and truly wanted to continue operations at Love Field, couldn't they have used a larger portion of their considerable financial resources to enter a sub-lease agreement with United for use of one of their gates?

Of course there are most likely reasons United would rather sub-lease to SWA, but this is capitalistic society, in the end money always has a loud voice in negotiations.

Delta at one time was the 2nd biggest airline in Dallas and I believe DFW was their 2nd biggest hub? Why waste time on one gate at DAL? If they want gates in the Metroplex why not blow the dust of their many vacant gates on E or re-open Fantasy Island?

HTML:
I have to ask this question. If Delta really and truly wanted to continue operations at Love Field, couldn't they have used a larger portion of their considerable financial resources to enter a sub-lease agreement with United for use of one of their gates?

Of course there are most likely reasons United would rather sub-lease to SWA, but this is capitalistic society, in the end money always has a loud voice in negotiations.

It probably wasn't worth the cost. You're going to have a heck a time making money in a market if you're paying thru the nose to sub lease a single gate. To do so, only to serve a market in which you already have a presence, at another airport, would seem to apply even further downward pressure upon the price you'd be willing to (or should) pay.

It probably wasn't worth the cost. You're going to have a heck a time making money in a market if you're paying thru the nose to sub lease a single gate. To do so, only to serve a market in which you already have a presence, at another airport, would seem to apply even further downward pressure upon the price you'd be willing to (or should) pay.
That's my point exactly. The dissatisfaction shown by Delta representatives is hollow at best.

C'mon Howard, feigned indignation - it's an airline management speciality!

Latest resources

Back